Talk:Kohistan District, Pakistan
|WikiProject Pakistan||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Pakistani districts|
Image copyright problem with File:100px-Pk-punj.PNG
The image File:100px-Pk-punj.PNG is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.
Geography: Latitude range has an error
The third paragraph in the Geography section gives 50 degrees and some minutes as one of the latitude boundaries and 70 degrees (and some minutes) as the other. It can't be about 20 degrees wide! Regards, Nikevich (188.8.131.52 (talk) 02:35, 3 October 2009 (UTC))
- Can someone familiar with Pakistani geography rewrite this section (Geography)? It is repetitive and, as the poster above pointed out, the boundaries stated in the 3rd graph seem more like those of the entire Himalayas. I'm willing to do it, but would rather leave it to someone better versed on the subject, if possible. —[AlanM1 (talk)]— 00:33, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
People and Culture -- Edits
I copy-edited this (but not totally; there's an awkward phrase left over).
Please note the last statement about religions; it was difficult to understand as originally written. Please check it for accuracy, and for conflict with what was probably written by a different author.
"History provides evidence that civilization in Kohistan matured quite early as compared to adjacent areas were people were worshipping fire (i.e. Zoroastrian), plants and other objects. Islam is the most recent religion dating back only 350 years."
POV is not neutral. Dissing the Zoroastrians, betraying a prejudice in favor of "matured" religions as opposed to animist or polytheistic religions.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Kohistan District, Pakistan. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101113174308/http://www.statpak.gov.pk/depts/fbs/statistics/pslm_prov2006-07/2.14a.pdf to http://www.statpak.gov.pk/depts/fbs/statistics/pslm_prov2006-07/2.14a.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.