Talk:Kwantlen Polytechnic University
|Kwantlen Student Association was nominated for deletion. The debate was closed on 09 August 2009 with a consensus to merge. Its contents were merged into Kwantlen Polytechnic University. The original page is now a redirect to this page. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected article, please see its history; for its talk page, see here.|
|WikiProject Canada / British Columbia / Education||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Vancouver||(Rated Start-class)|
|This page was nominated for deletion on 3 August 2008. The result of the discussion was keep.|
|This page has been edited by IP's belonging to Kwantlen University College (BC Systems Corporation is the ISP for Kwantlen) and may represent a potential conflict of interest|
The student association is an independent society, separate from the University. It was a mistake to merge it. There are hundreds of student association pages on wikipedia that have separate articles from the institutions they serve - yet there is no move to merge those pages. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 22:36, 2 September 2009 (UTC)
I reverted the article back to July 19, 2007 with the edit made by Bearcat, because it has come to my attention that the University's own marketing dept has been heavily influencing the article, and that's in violation of Wikipedia policy. GreenJoe 18:14, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
- I removed a lot of fluff from the article, particularly stuff that doesn't enhance the article. Wikipedia isn't a directory. I also removed a number of external links, because we don't need that many listed. If a student can get to the main website, then they can find it on their own if they so choose. GreenJoe 18:24, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
- I reorganized the article based on some of the WP:FA for education - specifically Duke University. The references / citations need updating as they are a mess. Some information is out of date (such as under Campus and the construction projects).steveleenow 07:34, 20 August 2007 (UTC)
Someone once suggested a Wikipedia article should be as such: A person wanting information on your organization should be able to get it independently of Wikipedia. If they can't, then the stuff in the article is original research, and doesn't belong in the article, because Wikipedia isn't a publisher of original thought. Wikipedia is a secondary reference, not a primary reference point. GreenJoe 18:28, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
Anyone who can help spend a few minutes editing the article directly to ensure the removal of 'weasal words' would be appreciated.steveleenow 06:25, 21 August 2007 (UTC)
- What words / paragraphs fit this description - a brief listing here would be nice -- Tawker 04:07, 1 September 2007 (UTC)
Several tags, including a "clean-up" tag were added to the article in August 2007. Since that time, considerable work has gone into improving the article. The other tags have since been removed. I've now removed the "clean-up" tag. The article still needs additions and improvements, but it is on a much more solid footing, now, I think. Sunray (talk) 18:51, 18 September 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Kwantlen Polytechnic University. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.kusa.ca/regulations
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081222101944/http://www.qp.gov.bc.ca/statreg/stat/S/96433_01.htm to http://www.qp.gov.bc.ca/statreg/stat/S/96433_01.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.kwantlenchronicle.ca/2008/10/student-newspaper-scheduled-to-hit-newsstands-in-january/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.