Talk:Latham, New York
|WikiProject Cities||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Capital District||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
I added a picture of one of the water towers. It's not a great one, low rez, etc. If someone's got a better one, please feel free to replace mine. --Gnhn 16:04, 22 February 2006 (UTC)
- I hope to get around to cleaning up the bad grammar, spelling, and punctution especially in the history section, even obviously is spelled wrong which wasnt so obvious after all... there are some factual errors as well, including but not limited to- Hoffman's Playland isnt in Latham, it is in Newtonville, and as I know there has been a push in the last two decades to continue to erode Newtonville's image and simply declare everything in it to be a part of Latham or Loudonville, Newtonville does still exist and still has its own post office even.
Starlite Music Theater
I'm wondering- what do people think about this being added to the Landmarks section? Unfortunately, it has been abandoned for quite sometime, but it was once a good place to catch a concert or a show, not to mention Shaker's graduation was held there every year. If I come up with some free time, I might actually try and start a page for it. Kjscotte34 (talk) 17:41, 30 September 2009 (UTC)
It was proposed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Latham Circle (2nd nomination) that the article on Latham Circle be merged here. Personally I think this is a fine idea, the article is not all that long and already contains some content relating to the circle, why not expand it with the rest of the Latham Circle article? Beeblebrox (talk) 00:35, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- This seems like a good idea to me. It's been demonstrated that the circle is notable enough to be covered on Wikipedia, but in its current state it doesn't deserve its own article. – 06:17, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- Disagree. Its proper place is unknown and knowing the importance the circle has to a number local entities (hamlets and US routes, specifically), I don't know which you'd put it in. It resides in the hamlet of Latham, New York, within the town of Colonie, New York. It's at the junction of New York Route 2 and US Route 9 in New York; it's a notable part of both routes. So, where do you put it? One user proposed Latham in the AFD. I don't necessarily agree, because knowing the importance of the circle as an identifying place in the Capital District, placing it in any of the articles isn't fair to the rest, while repeating everything in each article isn't productive. Therefore, leave it as its own article. upstateNYer 07:31, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- If it was covered in a central location (i.e. the article on Latham) there wouldn't be a need to say anything about the circle in NY 2 or US 9 other than the road goes through it. Now, if you feel the circle warrants its own article - as I guess you do from your comments here and elsewhere - may I suggest you improve the existing article? After all, it's a stub, and has been since its creation over a year ago. – 10:12, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- Support merger per my comments at the AFD. There are examples of New Jersey traffic circles that are covered in the article of the town they are in. Dough4872 16:14, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- Support merger The circle article is a stub, and could certainly be covered in the Landmarks section in this article Kjscotte34 (talk) 23:37, 8 March 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Latham, New York. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060221080228/http://www.jericsmith.com/hiddensub.htm to http://www.jericsmith.com/hiddensub.htm
- Added archive https://archive.is/20060313225746/http://www.albanyairport.com/LathamWaterTowerReplacement.html to http://www.albanyairport.com/LathamWaterTowerReplacement.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.