|WikiProject Plants||(Rated Stub-class)|
It is probably too soon to tell but should the "Conservation status: Vulnerable" part of the infobox be changed given that half these plants have been killed in the fire? Mikkerpikker ... 01:38, 28 January 2006 (UTC)
- Too soon to tell. Many plants in this region are adapted to natural bush fires, and the species may well regenerate readily after the fire. The problem is going to be competition from introduced invasive trees (which occupy large areas on Table Mountain), many of which are also adapted to regenerate after fire. - MPF 22:45, 28 January 2006 (UTC)
- The figure of 40-50% of these trees being destroyed by the fire comes from Dalton Gibbs, a prominent conservationist in Cape Town, but the quote was picked up by the media during the fire itself, so it needs to be followed up with further confirmation or otherwise. The Protea Atlas map for the Silver Tree shows a more extensive range than the article suggests. Zaian 23:53, 3 February 2006 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Leucadendron argenteum. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100705085122/http://www2.dwaf.gov.za/dwaf/cmsdocs/4116___poster%20protected%20trees.pdf to http://www2.dwaf.gov.za/dwaf/cmsdocs/4116___poster%20protected%20trees.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.