|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|WARNING: ACTIVE ARBITRATION REMEDIES
The article Levy Report, along with other articles relating to the Arab–Israeli conflict, is currently subject to active arbitration remedies resulting from three arbitration cases (see WP:ARBPIAINTRO). The current restrictions are:
Title of the report
Hello. Could somebody please correct the translation of the Hebrew title of the report (דו"ח על מעמד הבניה באזור יהודה ושומרון). My Hebrew is not up to it. Thanks, Ajnem (talk) 17:00, 11 July 2012 (UTC)
Here you go:
"The Mandatory will be responsible for putting into effect the declaration originally made on November 8, 1917, by the British Government, and adopted by the other Allied Powers, in favour of the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country." It says a national home IN Palestine, not Palestine shall be the national home for the Jewish people; keep in mind that the Mandate originally included what is now Jordan. I think this was followed up by a resolution which permitted Jewish settlement west of the Jordan River. I doubt that resolution contemplated removal of other residents or diminution of their political rights or status. User:Fred Bauder Talk 13:31, 16 July 2012 (UTC)
- Yep, but what I'm not sure of is whether the claim in the Forward article that the Levy report bases its conclusion on “The notion ... that the operative international treaty governing sovereign rights to historic Palestine — today’s Israel, the West Bank and Gaza — is the post-World War I San Remo Resolution...” actually is in the Levy report or not. No other article about the report I've seen has it. Does anybody know or know where to find the report? Ajnem (talk) 10:08, 17 July 2012 (UTC)
- I have found the report here http://www.pmo.gov.il/NR/rdonlyres/E155A1D6-96A7-4143-8233-F126AC9288BF/0/doch090712.pdf, now I only have to figure out, with Google's help, what it says. Ajnem (talk) 11:49, 17 July 2012 (UTC)
- Don't know whether this will be acceptable, per Counterpunch but Jonathan Cook's article is a good wrap up of Israeli discussions, and particularly of the Area C annexation prelude rumour. You casn find it in Gulf newspapers that are RS if that is a problem. In any case, good work Ajnem.Nishidani (talk) 19:27, 18 July 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks, the remarks about Alan Baker are certainly worth checking and including, also “the Area C annexation prelude rumour”, but Counterpunch alone is imo not RS. I'll check the sources. The Levy Report may turn out to be more useful than its authors have intended: it seems to have woken up the sleeping dogs both in Israel and in the US. 40 mainstream American Jews, some with plenty of money, telling the Israeli prime minister publicly what to do or rather what not to do is not an everyday occurrence, as far as I remember. Ajnem (talk) 08:51, 19 July 2012 (UTC)
In the first paragraph the references are links to articles from media sources and not factual.
My real concern is the text, 'that the Israeli settlements are legal under international law' is misleading.
- The text says that the Levy report concludes that the settlements are legal. It is a fact that the report concludes that. I don't understand your objection. Zerotalk 06:51, 12 January 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 6 external links on Levy Report. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120709152336/http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPolitics/Article.aspx?id=276749 to http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPolitics/Article.aspx?id=276749
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120714031343/http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPolitics/Article.aspx?ID=276802&R=R1 to http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPolitics/Article.aspx?ID=276802&R=R1
- Added archive https://archive.is/20130414195219/http://fmep.org/reports/archive/vol.-22/no.-4/no-occupation-no-problem-netanyahu-committee-recommends-moving-toward-de-facto-annexation to http://fmep.org/reports/archive/vol.-22/no.-4/no-occupation-no-problem-netanyahu-committee-recommends-moving-toward-de-facto-annexation
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120710225749/http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPolitics/Article.aspx?id=276888 to http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPolitics/Article.aspx?id=276888
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120902062504/http://www.yesh-din.org/postview.asp?postid=213 to http://www.yesh-din.org/postview.asp?postid=213
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120918204323/http://www.israelpolicyforum.org/sites/ipforum/files/LETTER%20TO%20THE%20PRIME%20MINISTER_1_0.pdf to http://www.israelpolicyforum.org/sites/ipforum/files/LETTER%20TO%20THE%20PRIME%20MINISTER_1_0.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.