Talk:List of 90210 characters
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the List of 90210 characters article.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Table or sections?
- 2 Lindsey Price
- 3 Spoilers?
- 4 Elisabeth Harnois
- 5 Page Cleanup
- 6 Page is a mess
- 7 Orphaned references in List of 90210 characters
- 8 Episode Count
- 9 Does anyone have information on the relationship between Navid Shirazi and Pearlasia Gamboa?
- 10 Emily (Abbie Cobb)
- 11 Guest stars - Image
- 12 Victor Luna, Katherine Upton and Lila
- 13 Guest Stars
- 14 Teddy Montgomery, Liam Court and Adrianna Tate-Duncan
- 15 File:Picture-13.jpg Nominated for speedy Deletion
- 16 Amber Wallace
- 17 PICTURE needed for Gillian Zinser/Ivy Sullivan
- 18 some characters' story seem too long in comparison to others
- 19 Article changes needed
Table or sections?
I personally like the old tables better than the new sections as long as the descriptions are as brief as they are. We can still introduce anchors so that the redirects at Naomi Clark etc. can point directly to the correct character. Thoughts? --AmaltheaTalk 14:40, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
- Well I did it so because most series are so (OTH, HIMYM, Desperate Housewives, the list goes on...). I think it's more readable.--22.214.171.124 (talk) 12:05, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
I like the new ones. The older ones should be used for episode guides. Characters should get a plump description. Not of hogwash. But little summary of who they are, what they've done and what happens to them. And I am really not feeling the Beverly Hills, 90210 references and comparisons. I'm sure there is a good amount of viewers who did not see the "original" and all that information is trivial. Talk
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that the latest on Lipstick Jungle is not canceled, but it is reported under Janet's entry that it was. Just content update, but since this is my first comment I wanted to run it by the owner of this page first! Michellest (talk) 21:15, 3 December 2008 (UTC) Michelle 12/03/08
Should the character page include characters who haven't yet appeared in the show? For example, the section on Liam Court or "He will have a upcoming girlfriend, unknown artist, Tierra." in the Dixon section. Rainchildai (talk) 22:44, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
This page appears very sloppy to me (and to Wikipedia as well, aparently, as it has a cleanup tag) not so much in the content, but in the organization. Personally, I think Characters of Glee is a good model that could be used on this page. Also, I'm changing the page to use the -
- The way it looks Characters of Glee. So i guess i am seconding the re-write. delirious & lost ☯ ~нuɢѕ~ 04:07, 14 May 2010 (UTC) is brutal. The tags are appropriate. Listing every episode the character appears in just seems odd, and for the main characters that means listing 46 episode titles under each of them, give or take an absence. I'm not enough of a fan to be able to re-write this page. I can do the episode lists and the navbox but i was dumbfounded when i saw this page. It is no longer bluntly listed in the navbox since most every character redirects here anyway. It needs some TLC from someone with experience in these kind of articles, such as
Good day, guys. I am the one responsible for listing every episode each character appears in, but I just did it because the wikipedia page lacked depth. The descriptions for each character aren't that detailed yet, so I just added the character episode appearances and episode count for the wikipedia page to have more content in it. I am willing to remove the character episode appearances once the descriptions for each character are already detailed. I, myself, can't make detailed descriptions because I'm not an expert in that. However, I proofread the descriptions created by other people. Here's hoping that I justified my reason for including the character episode appearances. I like watching 90210 and I hope, in time, this wikipedia page will be a great one. Once again, have a good day! Stevensolstice (talk) 01:37, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
- Adding filler for the sake of filling a page is not really a good thing. You will often see me argue that something really is often better than nothing, but not here. Character appearances in episodes is too much, too repetitive, and too "duh" as it is expected the main characters will be in most or all episodes. The character bios kind of do still lack depth or in a few cases a bit too much depth. There is an absolute lack of references. Not every character to be named in the show need be listed. I see your willingness to do it later and raise you doing it very soon. Continually building upon a poor structure is not going to result in a finished product. If not myself then someone else eventually will come around and re-write the entire page, content and formatting, to make it of a style much like Characters of Glee. I haven't edited much on this show so i am giving some time for a more involved editor to do this. But it still needs to be done. delirious & lost ☯ ~talk to her~ 22:38, 16 May 2010 (UTC)
Page is a mess
There are sections for every single character that's appeared on 90210 thus far. Characters who've probably only appeared in 1 or 2 episodes. Sorry but I think that we should remove Morgan, Nina, Eric, Portia Ranson, Ms. Casey, Surf Coach, Jamie and Alexa. They don't even have full names and theirs no info on them AT ALL. So their section's are pretty much useless to other readers. As for Cat, Hannah and Liv, they should all have their own section "The Glorious Steinems". Really it's just a waste of space. I mean a guest star section could be created from preventing this from looking so complicated. But what happens when the show is on it's sixth season? The page will be FLOODED with characters people really don't care about. Also Oscar and Charlie should not be listed yet. They haven't even appeared on the show. So how could they have an appearance if they haven't even been seen on the show yet? I say we work on removing the useless characters and leave more space for future and probably important characters.CloudKade11 (talk) 00:00, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- I agree removing all the ones you mentioned at the top. As for the Glorious Steinems a single section for the band will do, yes. As for the show getting a sixth season, so unlikely. And both Oscar and Charlie should appear. Charlie has a centric story for season 3 and Oscar will cause a lot of trouble for all the characters. Jayy008 (talk) 10:39, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
Orphaned references in List of 90210 characters
I check pages listed in Category:Pages with incorrect ref formatting to try to fix reference errors. One of the things I do is look for content for orphaned references in wikilinked articles. I have found content for some of List of 90210 characters's orphans, the problem is that I found more than one version. I can't determine which (if any) is correct for this article, so I am asking for a sentient editor to look it over and copy the correct ref content into this article.
Reference named "sachsinter":
- From We're Not in Kansas Anymore: Itzkoff, Dave (August 31, 2008). "Gabe Sachs, executive producer, 90210". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-01-28.
- From 90210 (TV series): Itzkoff, Dave (August 31, 2008). "Gabe Sachs, executive producer, 90210". The New York Times. Retrieved January 28, 2009.
Reference named "cwcasting":
- From 90210 (TV series): Andreeva, Nellie. "First look at 90210 spinoff hints at family ties". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 28, 2009.
- From We're Not in Kansas Anymore: Andreeva, Nellie (March 19, 2008). "First look at 90210 spinoff hints at family ties". The Hollywood Reporter. MSNBC. Retrieved 2009-01-28.
I apologize if any of the above are effectively identical; I am just a simple computer program, so I can't determine whether minor differences are significant or not. AnomieBOT⚡ 16:13, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
Should the section under each character stating each character's episode count be removed? I don't think by this point each character's episode count is accurate and there's no real way to determine each character's episode count other than to watch every episode and note what character appeared in what episode. I think just stating the seasons that they have appeared in would be suitable. Ryanlively (talk) 19:46, 8 February 2011 (UTC)
I came across this Largest private residences in the Beverly Hills area, 1156 Shadow Hill, "the home of Navid Shirazi, and can be seen in the season one episode The Games People Play, when Adrianna goes over to his house for dinner." I was researching for International crimes of Beverly Hills, as Navid Shirazi's home was in reality the residence of Pearlasia Gamboa, international fraudster still in operation after 20 years, and president of the micronation of Melchizedek. Does anyone have information on the relationship between Shirazi and Gamboa? PPdd (talk) 14:04, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
Navid Shirazi is a fictional character. And whatever home they use, is supposed to be that characters in the show, real life doesn't apply. I'm confused by what you mean, though? Jayy008 (talk) 17:09, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
Emily (Abbie Cobb)
The character was first announced as recurring, but she appeared in a five-episode guest arc in the middle of season 3. I'm wandering if we should move her to guest stars? Or should we wait to see if she'll be back by the end of the season? Jayy008 (talk) 13:29, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
- I think her placing is fine for now. Maybe if at the end of the season you want to move her to guest stars then that would be up to you. Ryanlively (talk) 21:24, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
Guest stars - Image
Can we get a consensus on the image to use? I don't think Diego Boneta should be used. Obviously only one can go there, so it's between John Schneider and Boneta. I personally think Schneider. Jayy008 (talk) 19:02, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
- I personally have no preference. Both actors had significantly small roles on the show. I'm leaning more towards Boneta though. Ryanlively (talk) 21:18, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
Victor Luna, Katherine Upton and Lila
I think Victor Luna, Katherine Upton and Lila should be moved from guest stars to recurring characters, for they had quite important story lines and they all appeared in multiple episodes (not only guest arcs). let me know what you think! — Preceding unsigned comment added by JWHolland (talk • contribs) 08:31, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
I was wondering if these characters are notable enough to be listed under guest stars:
Kimberly MacIntyre (the police officer who went undercover and had a small relationship with Ryan) Jamie (the college guy that dated Naomi, roommate of Richard) Richard Carter (son of the dean of admission that Naomi used to get into CU) Ozzie Cardoza (the West Bev student that Naomi flirted with, she met him in detention) Rhonda Kimble (the girl Ethan hit with his car) Guru Sona (the guru that stole money from Naomi) Portia Ranson (the older West Bev student, whose mother accused Naomi's father) Christina Worthy (the cheerleader that befriended Dixon) Gail McKinney (the woman that Naomi's father had an affaire with)
- I personally say none. None had major long lasting stories or were in it for a long time. Jayy008 (talk) 15:55, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
Teddy Montgomery, Liam Court and Adrianna Tate-Duncan
The summaries for these are three are far too long. Duncan and Montgomery have their own pages, so they should be shorter for that reason. I will get to the work eventually. But putting my reasonings here in the case my removals get challenged. Jayy008 (talk) 15:35, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
File:Picture-13.jpg Nominated for speedy Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:Picture-13.jpg, has been nominated for speedy deletion at Wikimedia Commons for the following reason: Copyright violations
|Speedy deletions at commons tend to take longer than they do on Wikipedia, so there is no rush to respond. If you feel the deletion can be contested then please do so (commons:COM:SPEEDY has further information). Otherwise consider finding a replacement image before deletion occurs.|
I recently brought up the issue of non-credited stars of a series who have been in multiple episodes and storylines. I was told that if they're not credited, look to how many episodes they've appeared in to see if they're recurring or not. Amber Wallace has been in 8 episodes (credited once), is she notable enough to have as a recurring character? When she is likely to never return. Jayy008 (talk) 13:39, 13 June 2011 (UTC)
PICTURE needed for Gillian Zinser/Ivy Sullivan
- Nothing to do with importance. It's about if somebody has taken a picture of the actress and added it to the internet for free use. Flickr would be a good place to look, but check the licensing to make sure you're allowed to use it :) Jayy008 (talk) 19:32, 13 August 2011 (UTC)
- Hey :) I just looked a little bit and came upon on a facebook page about her that's meant for french people and under one picture there's no sign of copyright nor on the picture itself can we use it http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.213158148725207.53823.183013408406348&type=1#!/photo.php?fbid=213158168725205&set=a.213158148725207.53823.183013408406348&type=1&theater ? What about this one here http://www.poptower.com/gillian-zinser-picture-31788.htm ? On Flickr I found this but don't know if it fits http://www.flickr.com/photos/workforcupcakes/5410209131/in/photostream/ . So I hope we can use one of these ;-) Sofffie7 (talk) 11:25, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
some characters' story seem too long in comparison to others
Hi there! I was wondering, because there are special pages for some characters like Adrianna or Silver, why is their story a bit too much detailed here? Couldn't we summarize it the way it is done for Naomi's section -because there are already details somewhere else- ? It isn't a big summary but at least it's shorter. Why have a detailed page that redirects to another detailed page? Or couldn't we propose the removal of those pages and only keep this one here? Another thing, some characters' sections don't explain the end of last season here but do on their "personal" page like Teddy's. Is it normal or should we quickly explain how the season ended for him? The same kind of problem exists for Navid. His story stops when he runs a music business. Is the rest not important?
Article changes needed
I've added a template to the top of the article for things that need taking care of. I may or may not have time to do it myself. Here is a list:
- Most of the main characters have summaries that are far too long. Ivy Sullivan is probably the longest they should ever be.
- All of the characters need re-writing, or some copy-editing.
- Some of the guest stars should be removed entirely.
- With only one line of information for recurring stars, should they even be listed? Jayy008 (talk) 16:52, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
I agree that the article needs improvement. I think the characters that have one line should be listen, but they have to be expanded. I think Victor Luna should be moved to guest stars tough, he had one story line during season 3 and only appeared in 7 episodes (as much as some other characters that are listed under guest stars). JWHolland (talk) 20:09, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
- I brought it up for discussion and the community believed that it was enough. However, sometimes we have to use editorial judgement and if there is only one line of information for a character, the character should be removed off the page entirely. Any information regarding that character can be included with another characters. For example, "In season three, Javier's uncle Victor (guest star Nestor Serrano) blackmailed Adrianna." And that's all. Jayy008 (talk) 20:30, 29 December 2011 (UTC)