Talk:List of Ace Combat characters
|WikiProject Video games||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Fictional characters||(Rated List-class)|
|This page was nominated for deletion on 11 July 2008. The result of the discussion was No consensus (default keep).|
- 1 Blaze
- 2 Peter Beagle's actual name
- 3 TAC names
- 4 Cipher
- 5 Ace Combat X characters
- 6 Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
- 7 PJ
- 8 New Info
- 9 AC6
- 10 Cipher's nationality
- 11 6
- 12 Dog's Name
- 13 The "Estovakian" language spoken by Ludmila in Ace Combat 6?
- 14 Sources
- 15 Cipher's Nationality
- 16 Deletion / Merge
- 17 Cleanup of article
- 18 External links modified
I fail to see how the section on "who is Blaze" can be considered anything more than baseless speculation. There is NO EVIDENCE from the game or Namco that the character Blaze is anywhere in any of the cut scenes (with the POSSIBLE exception of the newspaper article with the squadron picture, but even so). It seems to me that someone needs to either cite their sources or do some major revisions to the section, because I can't see it staying as it is now. Cbale2000 05:32, 12 June 2007 (UTC)
Well who else would be hiding behind the hangers with our heroes when they're trying to escape Sand Island? There IS someone there. However, I highly doubt any of the people in the briefing scene for the first mission were intended to be Blaze. 126.96.36.199 03:06, 18 June 2007 (UTC)
The part about the crew room is baseless speculation and should be removed. -Rogue Leader
The person in the Hierlark Base scene is dressed in the same color uniform as all the trainees around him (a different color than what Archer and Chopper are wearing). Furthermore, in the opening cutscene, there is a pilot sitting to what would be the left of the scene (if you were standing in front of the chairs) who is shown only (and repeatedly) as a pair of legs and a lower torso. 188.8.131.52 13:59, 8 September 2007 (UTC)
"Blaze's identity" Needs to be removed, Rogue Leader is correct the crew room scene is baseless speculation, the escape from Sand Island scene only shows a pair of legs before Grimm runs up to our heroes hiding between the hangers. Whoever stated "his face is blocked by Chopper's elbow and in the escape from Sand Island cut scene" in the main wiki is incorrect, as Chopper died in mission 17 - this cut scene takes place after Mission 18+ 8492nd. The entire section needs to be removed. Or edited to "Blazes legs seen in the cut scene 18/8492nd." --Cre age aeon (talk) 03:54, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
"Blaze's identity" should either be cleaned up or removed. Blaze "appears" in about two cutscenes, one in a newspaper (where his face is blocked out by Chopper's elbow. The article appears twice in the game's cutscenes.) and the other when he is escaping with the rest of his squadron and Pops (only his legs could be seen.) His face is never shown at all. He does not appear in crew room scene. General.Frostbite (talk) 13:43, 14 July 2008 (UTC)
Peter Beagle's actual name
Although he is named Peter N. Beagle in AC05, in ACZ his name is confirmed to be Wolfgang Buckner, his name in AC05 is an alias to stop the Grey Men from finding him. So people should refer to him with his cannon name, unless directly talking about his alias.
Auxfusion 15:10, 20 November 2006 (UTC)
- I know that but what you're talking about is AC5 not ACZ so it should be Peter N. Beagle. I've also noticed that you have his AC5 callsign and not his ACZ callsign, so I guess you're a killer to your own cause, sad.Sam ov the blue sand 18:23, 21 November 2006 (UTC)
- Oops, forgot about this. Anyway I see what you mean but if you really need to be so fussy about the name details you may have wanted to be thorough enough to change AKA part as well >_>; Auxfusion 12:31, 12 January 2007 (UTC)
Who switched all the "Callsigns" with "TAC Name"? They even say in the game "Your CALLSIGN is (insert name here)" How on earth did someone come up with TAC name? Cbale2000 17:04, 21 December 2006 (UTC)
- Gone now. Please calm down.Sam ov the blue sand 01:35, 28 December 2006 (UTC)
- A TAC name is a nickname like Edge or Chopper. A callsign is your number within a flight like Galm 1 and 2. I'm correcting the page to reflect that. Zaku Two 02:41, 28 December 2006 (UTC)
Should there be a profile in Galm 1 here?
- Good piont but I don't feel like it right now, so do it yourself.Sam ov the blue sand 00:24, 3 January 2007 (UTC)
- And added now.Apolloin 23:51, 25 January 2007 (CET)
Ace Combat X characters
Shouldn't we have the Ace Combat X character bios (if it has any notable ones), I don't have the game so someone else will need to do them. Auxfusion 12:35, 12 January 2007 (UTC)
- Grphus one: a hill billy with an F-22 (And I have the game to prove it)!
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
Can somebody add the character`s Bio of this game? Thanks
I keep staring at the shot of the wreckage at Avalon and while it's hard to make out, the emblem looks more like the Galm Wolf's Head than PJ's heart. Yeah he's on Galm Team at that point and everything, but his F-16 still had the heart emblem on it. *shrug* random speculation. He was kind of annoying anyway. 184.108.40.206 03:21, 18 June 2007 (UTC)
I had to remove the small section of PJ's fate and change his status. It's quite obvious he died, the TLS is an instant hitting laser weapon. I doubt PJ saw it coming when it hit his aircraft (well, he probably saw something coming, but wasn't expecting that.) The only reason the beam was shown slowly approaching the aircraft was because it was going in slow motion. Also, it takes 4 seconds for a pilot to eject from an aircraft. It is even specifically stated in-game that there isn't much respond time for the victim of this weapon because there is no interval between the weapon's fire and impact. The beam did not hit the tail of PJ's plane, it fully hit his plane (probably a shot to the cockpit, which would explain the glass from PJ's plane flying everywhere.) There was also no ejection seat seen during the event. Planes that are hit by the TLS are rarely-to-never neutralized; they are fully destroyed. And that grave in the end? That may very well have been his. Either way, PJ could not have survived that attack. General.Frostbite (talk) 13:24, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
I believe there is more info on the Ace Combat Zero pilots at the japaneese website. Could someone check to make sure and add any info they find?
Has anyone compiled data on the characters from Ace Combat 6?Eaglestorm 10:50, 17 July 2007 (UTC)
I've unlocked the majority of the allied assult recoreds for ace combat 6, most of them are on allied force unit leaders that aid you in combat.AC0 06:46, 30 October 2007 (UTC)
Right now I'm reading the game book. It says "admidst the confusion of the war, you enlist of become part of the Ustio mercenary unit." I think this is evidence that he is an Ustian. Why would there be "confusion and panic" in another country? Cheers, JetLover (talk) 22:37, 31 July 2007 (UTC)
It says in-game in the Assault records that he is Belkan.Rogue Commander 04:18, 1 August 2007 (UTC)
Whoops, my mistake. That is Pixy's nationality. But, this shows that Cipher doesn't have to be from Ustio to work for their Mercenary unit. He could be from any country.-Rogue Commander 21:57, 9 August 2007 (UTC)
According to some screenshots, it would be quite possible that Shamrock has a daughter and and a wife at home. There is stuff on game press that shows a bit of the back story.
- Speculation. Add more data when the game is released, not before. Eaglestorm 03:03, 20 August 2007 (UTC)
I beat the game, Marcus "Shamrock" Lampert, emmerian airforce, eastern region air defence, 8th air division, 28th squadron, age 35, had a wife and a daughter that were both killed during the time of the war. He was shot down on a low altitude recon flight during the operation to destroy the "chandalier". He ejected in time to be rescued by allied forces, only sustaining a leg injury. unfortunatly i don't have a cretible source that i can cite to post this.AC0 06:36, 30 October 2007 (UTC)
I forgot what the dogs name was if someone could just tell me I would really appreciate it. Thanks.King Toast 07:49, 2 December 2007(UTC)
If you're reffering to the one in AC5, its name is "Kirk". Cbale2000 16:52, 3 December 2007 (UTC)
The "Estovakian" language spoken by Ludmila in Ace Combat 6?
The "Estovakian" language can be heard spoken briefly during a cutscene following the end of mission San Loma Assault in Ace Combat 6. The language sounds Slavic, but is it real Slavic language or gibberish created for the game? Anyone? --Kurt Leyman (talk) 15:12, 18 April 2008 (UTC)
- Late though, but it might just be Slavic. The AWACS at the end of 5 says his callsign "Oka Nieba" is Yuktobanian for "Sky Eye," which is Polish. Ɀexcoiler's coding-fueled egⓞ is too huge! Say hi! Look here! 23:17, 8 May 2016 (UTC)
Why did everyone suddenly forget to cite their sources? Just over half the article is a pile of ongoing text with nothing to prove it right or wrong. If you're going to trouble yourselves copy/pasting articles off the Internet (you know I'm hinting at Electrosphere.info) the least thing you could do is add the little troublesome note at the end citing the original source. Peace out. X49 (talk) 07:49, 24 April 2008 (UTC)
- His nationality is not mentioned in his section...did you read that in another section? —the_ed17— 18:48, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
Deletion / Merge
This is old, but the discussion on the matter in Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/List of Ace Combat characters was of no consensus. The page was removed unfairly and has been restored. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 19:59, 17 February 2010 (UTC)
Cleanup of article
I just read the article about the characters and noticed that some of the character summaries just feature a lot of baseless fan theories that try to explain their appearances/cameos without sources. Like the Kei Nagase summary that makes uncertain connections without citing any credible sources. Iss there anything that could be done to remedy this? Ɀexcoiler's coding-fueled egⓞ is too huge! Say hi! Look here! 23:20, 8 May 2016 (UTC)
- I'd like to re-introduce this discussion, as relatively little has been done since Zexcoiler Kingbolt's comment over a year ago. I just performed an edit to bring down the section for Ace Combat 2 to a better standard (no fan theories, no out-of-game content, and no assertions that Scarface One was "legendary" for his achievements especially since the game has multiple endings), and I'd like to do the same for the rest of the sections, but there's a lot more content for the other games' characters and if anyone has any suggestions or ideas for them please put them down. Lastly, is there a guideline on having links in section titles? My instinct is to remove them and have a short sentence like "The following characters appeared in Ace Combat 2 (1997)" but I couldn't find any specific guidelines on this. ~SlyCooperFan1 04:28, 15 September 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on List of Ace Combat characters. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070929045638/http://www.kmpro.co.jp/images/models/models_img/thumbnail/1138153125084929.jpg to http://www.kmpro.co.jp/images/models/models_img/thumbnail/1138153125084929.jpg
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080514091651/http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/2010/The-Pilots-of-Ace-Combat-6/p1/ to http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/2010/The-Pilots-of-Ace-Combat-6/p1/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.