Talk:List of Athena's Saints
|WikiProject Anime and manga||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|Text and/or other creative content from this version of Ophiuchus Shaina was copied or moved into List of Athena's Saints with this edit on 13:57, August 28, 2011. The former page's history now serves to provide attribution for that content in the latter page, and it must not be deleted so long as the latter page exists. The former page's talk page can be accessed at Talk:Ophiuchus Shaina.|
|Text and/or other creative content from this version of Gemini Saga was copied or moved into List of Athena's Saints with this edit on 00:30, August 29, 2011. The former page's history now serves to provide attribution for that content in the latter page, and it must not be deleted so long as the latter page exists. The former page's talk page can be accessed at Talk:Gemini Saga.|
Chamaeleon Juné's romanization
As Masami Kurumada, Shueisha or Toei never revealed a proper romanization for Chamaeleon June's name, the raw romanization of its katakana rendering has always been used. I stumbled upon a french surname which is transliterated in katakana in the same form as the character's name. The surname is Genet, and it can be seen in the japanese version of the english article of the french writer Jean Genet. As the katakana rendering of June matches that of the writer's surname, it is very likely, that although the character is Ethiopian, that Genet is the name that Kurumada intended for the character, as it is very close to the pronunciation of the surname. Further evidence of the pronunciation can be heard here: https://es.forvo.com/word/jean_genet/#fr
And also, some time ago, I stumbled upon a collectible figure of June, and it indeed displayed the name Chamaeleon Genet in the packaging.
Should we use this rendering instead in the articles? It seems correct.
- Hm... tricky, it seems from initial point of view that it is rather far fetched. Like those that think Nachi is named after Nazi. But the Myth Cloth website Tamashii, is actually using the Genet name. I did some research and if you search Chameleon June on that site, you will not get a proper result, only if you search "Chameleon Genet". So i am almost 99% in favor of cahnging the name.
- Thank you for your reply. Do we have a consensus about Genet then? In case we do, then i will proceed to add that rendering in the articles, let me know. Not the same case as Nachi anyway, that one is truly far fetched, because we have the kanji for his name, there is no reason at all for people to think it comes from nazi. About Mystria, well, that's another case in which we still don't have a true proper romanization for the name Kurumada intended for the character. For him, I have seen two things that confirm that the name rendering in romaji may be Mistria or Mystria: http://www.kiatjaroen.co.th/image/cache/data/Amano%20Mistria%20/Amano%20Mistria%201-500x500.png
- A mist collector, funny, but there's a possibility Kurumada saw that brand and liked the name. And the other, a french metal band: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Mystria/24853
- Could be the case for Mystria...as it is a french band, maybe Mystria is french just like Aquarius Camus. Additionaly, I have considered that it maybe a russian name, since it sounds a bit like it when it is rendered as Mystolya, since he used once the Kholodnjyi Smerç, I considered that he may be indeed russian, but we have no evidence, as Kurumada may have had him use the Smerç just because Mystria is an Aquarius Saint, and that's the reason Hyōga also knows the technique. But I have been unable to confirm if it could be a russian word or name. Well, I am here should there be anything else to discuss.
Past Saints (deceased)
- Are you refering to the section "Silver Saints of eras past"? I believe it can either be removed entirely or converted into a brief mention on the Silver Saints intro text. Something like "Additionally, the tombs of many deceased Silver Saints from past eras are shown in the graveyard of Sanctuary in the Hades arc." Cyn starchaser (talk) 09:11, 12 July 2012 (UTC)
Gold saints of Lost Canvas
Why aren't the gold saints of "lost Canvas" included in the list of gold saints? someone please include them. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Drumerwritter (talk • contribs) 20:29, 29 March 2016 (UTC)