Talk:List of Death Note episodes
|WikiProject Anime and manga||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Television / Episode coverage||(Rated C-class)|
Death Note Rewrite, Vol. 1 English Air-date
There's an English air-date for Death Note Rewrite, Vol. 1 for June 16th, 2009. Where did this come from? I can't find any mention of it on Adult Swim's schedule. Is it a DVD release? Buuhan1 (talk) 00:09, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
- No idea. Cut it until a source can be found. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · Talk⇒Dinoguy1000 21:15, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- Someone needs to run through and cut a bunch of stuff from the summaries. The old summaries, though, were only one- or two-liners, so this is actually (a little) better - at least now, whoever does the cleanup on them has something substantial to work with. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · Talk⇒Dinoguy1000 16:48, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
I'm only familliar with the first few episodes, I'm currently watching the series. I trimmed the first one so it reads a little better and makes sense. NarSakSasLee (talk) 19:46, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
- Definitely still needs work, but a vast improvement over what it was like before. Good work! =) 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · Talk⇒Dinoguy1000 19:53, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
- Really? Thanks. I just copied the style of the Bleach episode summaries. NarSakSasLee (talk) 20:09, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
I think I've done the episode summaries okay. I've reached 14. Do they look okay or do they need improvements? I've done each episode summary with 5 lines because the plot wouldn't make sense as you read throught the listNarSakSasLee (talk) 20:09, 5 September 2009 (UTC)
- Well, TBH they read too much like someone narrating the episodes, instead of describing them for a list in an encyclopedia. But, as I said before, they are a vast improvement over the monstrosities they are replacing and, I think, pretty good for a first attempt at writing episode summaries. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · Talk⇒Dinoguy1000 02:06, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
How do I not make them read like a narrator is reading them? I thought that this was okay given they (kind of) match the Bleach episode summaries. Could you present the first episode summary here as it should be written? NarSakSasLee (talk) 16:17, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, I'm really not very good at writing summaries. =/ You may wish to ask for advice at WT:ANIME, though. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · Talk⇒Dinoguy1000 19:33, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
This is Wikipedia's linking policy: Wikipedia:Manual_of_Style_(linking)#Overlinking_and_underlinking
Specifically, it says "Avoid linking plain English words." In September 2009 user NarSakSasLee rewrote all of the episode summaries, which was great, but he also added multiple links to random, ordinary, and completely unrelated words such as "coax", "embed", "potato chip", "concoction", and "calmness." These are just a few examples of the unnecessary links. I will remove them over the next few weeks when I am bored enough to do so. In the meantime, if someone else wants to jump in, go ahead. Winampman (talk) 09:11, 21 October 2011 (UTC)
Episode rating clarification needed
- The first episode had a "TV-14-V" rating, while the second was given a TV-14-LV rating. Most episodes have a TV-14 rating, except for the first 5, episode 12, episode 15, episode 17, which was TV-14-DV, episode 21, which was TV-14-DLV, episode 23, and episode 25.
These sentences need some clarification. There's a contradiction in the ratings of episodes 1 and 2 (are they TV-14-V/LV or TV-14-DV?) and it is unclear what episodes 23 and 25 are rated as. I tried to check Adult Swim's website but the show does not appear to be listed there anymore, so if anyone can find other sources/make sense out of these sentences, please edit them. Cyn starchaser (talk) 15:29, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on List of Death Note episodes. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20061106003655/http://www.ntv.co.jp/english/pc/ntv-animation.pdf to http://www.ntv.co.jp/english/pc/ntv-animation.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.