Talk:List of FC Barcelona records and statistics
|List of FC Barcelona records and statistics is a featured list, which means it has been identified as one of the best lists produced by the Wikipedia community. If you can update or improve it, please do so.|
|Current status: Featured list|
|WikiProject Football||(Rated FL-class, Low-importance)|
- 1 Image copyright problem with Image:FCB.svg
- 2 All-time leading goal scorers in the history of FC Barcelona
- 3 Cleaning up article to meet up with Wikipedia regulations and so on.
- 4 Sources
- 5 table
- 6 ref
- 7 Pyrenees Cup
- 8 Xavi friendlies + Messi's friendly goals
- 9 New Section for Goalkeepers?
- 10 Introduction images have to be changed
- 11 Dundee United
- 12 All time appearances
- 13 Record of goals in a single game
Image copyright problem with Image:FCB.svg
The image Image:FCB.svg is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.
Paulino Alcántara, with 357 goals in 357 games, in the seasons from 1912-27 (215 goals in friendlies, 5 in the Spanish Cup, 98 in the Catalan Championship, 35 in the Spanish Championship, 3 in the Pyrenees Cup and 1 in the Barcelona Cup).
Clemente Gràcia (1921-22), with 59 goals in 50 games (35 goals in friendlies, 19 in the Catalan Championship, 5 in the Spanish Championship)
César scored 235 goals in 351 games in all official competitions. That makes him the highest scorer for the club.
- Reply: Wrong; according to the official website of FC Barcelona, Paulino Alcántara is the highest goalscorer in the history of club, while César Rodríguez is listed as the third highest goalscorer for the club. Don't change the facts, accept the facts. see FC Barcelona's official website for more information. http://www.fcbarcelona.cat
All-time leading goal scorers in the history of FC Barcelona
According to FC Barcelona's official teams and records. Paulino Alcántara is the highest goal scorer in the history of the club.
Here are the highest number of goals scored in the history of the club; references are provided to support the statements and don't forget to read it.
1) Paulino Alcántara - 357 goals http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/english/club/historia/records/rec_individuals.html http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/club/historia/jugadors_de_llegenda/alcantara.html
- Reply: Wrong; according to Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo, César Rodríguez is Barcelona's record goalscorer in all official competitions with 235 goals.
"Alcantara es conocido como el máximo goleador de la historia con 356 goles en 357partidos pero en su etapa (1912-16 y 1918-27) no existía la Liga y se le contabilizan goles en los Campeonatos de Catalunya y Pirineos, además de amistosos".
http://hemeroteca.elmundodeportivo.es/preview/2006/10/06/pagina-5/848768/pdf.html http://hemeroteca.elmundodeportivo.es/preview/2006/10/06/pagina-3/4513935/pdf.html http://hemeroteca.elmundodeportivo.es/preview/2010/01/12/pagina-2/5243446/pdf.html http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/castellano/noticies/futbol/temporada09-10/10/n091009107216.html
"Cesar rodriguez es el máximo goleador de la historia del club, con 235 goles en 433 partidos oficiales" according to FC Barcelona's official website
- Reply: You obviously do not understand what your talking about, its all your point of views. You are trying to dispute the facts provided by FC Barcelona, what's going on?, where are your common sense?. Once again, According to the official website FC Barcelona records, Paulino Alcántara officialy holds the record for the highest number of goals scored for the club with 357 goals http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/english/club/historia/records/rec_individuals.html http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/club/historia/jugadors_de_llegenda/alcantara.html, while César Rodíguez Álvarez is the leading goalscorer in La Liga (The Spanish League) with 195 goals. http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/english/club/historia/jugadors_de_llegenda/cesar.html Paulino Alcantara and Josep Samitier are the highest goal scorers in the Campionat de Catalunya (Catalan football championships) and Copa del Rey (Spanish Cup), even before there was a La Liga (The Spanish League).
Paulino Alcántara and Josep Samitier are given the honour for the highest goals scored for the club because they scored more goals than César Rodriguez did in all forms of football competitions in Spain and Europe. Paulino Álcantara and Josep Samitier were just too good compared to César Rodriguez, who is listed in the third highest goalscored for the club. Bad luck, Rodríguez was beaten by a foriegner in terms of goalscored for the club and that's a fact. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 23:11, 16 January 2010 (UTC)
Cleaning up article to meet up with Wikipedia regulations and so on.
I deleted all the non-sense and POV (point of views), unsourced information, favoritism issues and so on. I re-written the article to meet up with Wikipedia regulations. Deleted the transfer fees and some unsouced dubious informations, and varified the sentences using proper references provided by the official website of FC Barcelona, and put it together into one paragraph and sentences so readers can understand what they are reading about. Nciqu talk 14:11, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
|1||Spain||César Rodríguez||1942–1955||195 (287)||36 (57)||0 (0)||4 (7)||235 (351)|
|2||Hungary||Ladislao Kubala||1950–1961||131 (186)||51 (48)||13 (20)||1 (2)||196 (256)|
|3||Cameroon||Samuel Eto'o||2004–2009||108 (145)||2 (10)||18 (41)||2 (4)||130 (200)|
|4||Brazil||Rivaldo||1997–2002||86 (157)||13 (20)||31 (54)||0 (4)||130 (235)|
|5||Argentina||Lionel Messi||2004–||88 (144)||10 (20)||25 (45)||4 (5)||127 (214)|
|6||Spain||Mariano Martín||1940–1948||97 (112)||27 (31)||0 (0)||0 (1)||124 (144)|
|7||Netherlands||Patrick Kluivert||1998–2004||90 (182)||4 (12)||26 (61)||2 (2)||122 (257)|
|8||Spain||Carles Rexach||1965–1981||81 (328)||16 (61)||25 (63)||0 (0)||122 (452)|
|9||Spain||Josep Escolà||1934–1949||86 (152)||30 (38)||0 (0)||2 (1)||118 (191)|
|10||Bulgaria||Hristo Stoichkov||1990–1998||83 (175)||5 (21)||22 (47)||7 (11)||117 (254)|
re-instate if proper source found
Pyrenees Cup was not international/European competition, correct that. It was regional competition like nowadays friendly cups. Also, Pequeña Copa del Mundo de Clubes,Copa Eva Duarte , Latin Cup and Inter-Cities Fairs Cup are not official.--Life alone (talk) 17:23, 28 August 2010 (UTC)
- See your talkpage. Sandman888 (talk) 11:18, 29 August 2010 (UTC)
Xavi friendlies + Messi's friendly goals
How many frienly matches has Xavi played? At least one , which make the count 556 wrong. Official apps: 556, apps incl. friendlies: 556. That's not possible. So, how many friendlies he has? 18.104.22.168 (talk) 23:53, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
- Now there are 638 matches, but it only includes Barcelona B matches, not friendlies. This pre-season he got yet one friendly game more. Kahkonen (talk) 00:01, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
This season Messi will most likely appear into the "all-time overall scorers" list, Escolà being the last with 223. Messi has now 180 official scores but how many friendly goals he has? Not including these Messi and friends matches but Barcelona friendlies. I checked some matches from Barcelona site and got 10 or so goals. Kahkonen (talk) 23:52, 8 August 2011 (UTC)
- If Barcelona B mathces are included (like in Xavi's appearances), Messi will have 35 goals more ("35 goals in 30 matches" True?) and how many more friendly goals. So he is in the list already? Kahkonen (talk) 00:23, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
|Messi App||Messi G||Xavi App||Puyol App||Valdés||Source|
|¹ Xavi scored
+ may be more, no lineups in sources
I checked all matches from Barcelona site. There are calendars from 2006–07 to this season. They have reports for every friendly match too. I also found webdelcule.com and there are reports of pre-season and on-season friendlies. So, Messi has 17 goals from friendlies and Xavi at least 80 apps from friendlies. Kahkonen (talk) 00:23, 27 August 2011 (UTC) (edited 22:29, 31 August 2011 (UTC))
- I added these into the article. For Messi, his goals were reported in pdf already as a source, 140 goals 18 May 2010 including friendlies. As he had 127 official goals, he had 13 friendly ones (same in the table above). Kahkonen (talk) 22:29, 31 August 2011 (UTC)
- Added Puyol. Kahkonen (talk) 00:28, 21 September 2011 (UTC)
- I found a better source for Xavi's friendly count: . Kahkonen (talk) 20:48, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
New Section for Goalkeepers?
Traveling through the net i stumbled on this table showing FB Barcelona goalkeepers record in la liga. Now this is not a good source since it is a webpage maintained by a private person but his stats can be verified by original research on LFP.es which maintain a historical database containing every matchresult including the lineups in the history of the league. Now is it okay to just take his stats for correct or is anyone up to dubbelcheck them on the lfp site?
This is the website with the goalie stats in question, it include games played, goals conceded and clean sheets, the tabell include every goalkeeper that has played for FC Barcelona. http://www.laligaennumeros.es/2011/10/victor-valdes-iguala-zubizarreta-como.html
Introduction images have to be changed
Is Dundee's four-game, 100% record really notable? It's not really a 'Barcelona' record, and with it being unsourced I've removed it, but put the text below in case it can be referenced and consensus decides it belongs.
- Team with the best competitive record against Barcelona:
- Dundee United, of the Scottish Premier League, have a 100% competitive record against Barcelona, in European competition. Dundee United beat the Inter-Cities (Fairs) Cup holders 2-1 at the Nou Camp and then 2-0 in Dundee in 1966, in the first round of the Fairs Cup, becoming the first Scottish team to win a competitive match on Spanish soil. United were knocked out in the second round by Juventus. They repeated their home and away success in the UEFA Cup quarter final in 1987, winning 1-0 in Dundee and 2-1 in Barcelona. United went on to reach the 1987 UEFA Cup final, where they were defeated 2-1 on aggregate by Gothenburg.
All time appearances
Currently Joaquim Rifé is listed as the player with 9th most appearances. And according to the reference document from FC Barcelona, top 10 appearances document , Joaquim Rifé's total appearances is 397, instead of 401 in current page. And Andrés Iniesta has equaled him by 397 appearances in March 31, 2012.
Record of goals in a single game
Beyond to the great Gamper ( 3 times 9 goals in a single game ), there is also Escolà, 9 goals in the game FC Barcelona 11 Real Unión Irún 1 (7-7-1935). — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 16:33, 5 April 2012 (UTC)
- "Maximos goleadores en competiciones internacionales" (PDF) (in Catalan). FC Barcelona. Retrieved 7 August 2010.