Talk:List of German films of 1933–45
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Would this article be better with an English translation of the titles of the films? Just for a general idea of what they're about? SIGURD42 18:58, 22 July 2007 (UTC)
At first I thought I could use IMDB and just list every movie made in Germany each year, however that was far too cumbersome. So I took all the movies that had user comments instead, figuring that those would be the more famous, and thus more important for an understanding of cinema in Nazi Germany.
After that layer I added other that I felt were important, particularly for the development of color and animation. I will also add films that I beleive are historically important for their depiction of contemporary events.--Dudeman5685 19:22, 22 August 2006 (UTC)
Reformatted as a a table
I just reformatted the list as a table. Thought it was better that way. --Swift 23:38, 24 August 2006 (UTC)
- So, how do I add new entries in the table format? (My apologies about overuse of saves) But, as you might see, I had some problems geting the entry of Josef Thorak to work.--Dudeman5685 03:59, 29 August 2006 (UTC)
- I can see your frustration. Your syntax was correct, but for some reason the table didn't display correctly. The only reason I can think of is that either the pipe, '|', or the hyphen, '-', weren't the right characters (e.g. look the same, but in a wrong part of a character encoding). Do you write the markup directly into the browser or do you enter it first into a word processor/text editor? Do you know which character encoding you use to view Wikipedia pages (your browser may tell you this)?
- As for the overuse of saves, they are unnecessary since the "Show preview" displays the page exactly as it would look (which is a great feature, because if you end up messing up a page, you don't need to revert, but can simply back up in the browser's history. --Swift 00:10, 30 August 2006 (UTC)
- I use FireFox and writer directly into the browser. I have have tried typing in different charecters on the menu. Certainly hope it works, because there are other films I would like to add.--Dudeman5685 02:36, 30 August 2006 (UTC)
- BTW, how do I find out how to start a wikitable, do I just replace everything with the pipes and hyphens, or is there a quiker way? I've had it requested on some of my other articles--Dudeman5685 16:25, 30 August 2006 (UTC)
- I've looked at those, and I found out how wikitables work, but my question is: to create one, would I have to go back to the previous list and "manually" type in all the pipes and hyphens etc, one by one, or is there a quicker way to reformat it? Like highlighting the text as it is, and then modify it en masse? A person requested that I do this on the companion page List of films made in Weimar Germany. --Dudeman5685 04:07, 31 August 2006 (UTC)
I think there is an erratum: La Kermese Heroique isn't german at all, it's belgian (or franco-belgian) and it was released before occupationQuevedin 17:09, 23 April 2007 (UTC} ::: The statement about some of them are only popular within the neo nazi subculture, needs more evidence.Mr Thinky 06/30/11Mrthinky (talk) 20:28, 30 June 2011 (UTC)
"when Admiral Karl Dönitz surrendered to the Allies, May 8, 1945."