Talk:List of Grand Theft Auto V characters
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Orphaned references in List of Grand Theft Auto V characters
I check pages listed in Category:Pages with incorrect ref formatting to try to fix reference errors. One of the things I do is look for content for orphaned references in wikilinked articles. I have found content for some of List of Grand Theft Auto V characters's orphans, the problem is that I found more than one version. I can't determine which (if any) is correct for this article, so I am asking for a sentient editor to look it over and copy the correct ref content into this article.
Reference named "Garbut on GTA V":
- From Development of Grand Theft Auto V: Staff (2 January 2014). "Rockstar North's Aaron Garbut on the making of Grand Theft Auto V – our game of 2013". Edge. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- From Grand Theft Auto V: Staff (2 January 2014). "Rockstar North's Aaron Garbut on the making of Grand Theft Auto V – our game of 2013". Edge. Future plc. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
I apologize if any of the above are effectively identical; I am just a simple computer program, so I can't determine whether minor differences are significant or not. AnomieBOT⚡ 23:34, 25 June 2014 (UTC)
Trevor's rape of Floyd
I feel this implication isn't getting all the attention it deserves, probably because the subject is a bit uncomfortable to the target demographic. So here's my point: From the beginning of the game, Trevor is portrayed as a violent and driven bi- and hypersexual and while being relatively friendly to prostitutes and strippers, he often acts sexually aggressive towards his own gender. Just remember, before brutally murdering Johnny K., he offers to sleep with him instead with his "girlfriend". Furthermore, Trevors random entry points (i.e. when the player takes control of the character) often depict him molesting a ragged bum in the park or chasing after some random guy, loudly apologizing for exposing his private parts but still offering to perform sexual acts with him. Now at one point in the story, one of these entry points shows Trevor waking up on a bed where he was spooning and cuddeling with poor Floyd, patting his behind and telling him how peaceful he looks when he sleeps. As a reaction, Floyd (who is clothed only in a too-small pyjama, presumably his girlfriend's) assumes a fetal position and sobbs and cries uncontrollably ("forgive me Debra") until Trevor ("hush, relax now") leaves the appartment. I feel the implication is very strong here that Trevor, after invading Floyds appartment, after taking control over his life and his job, also took the liberty to "have his way" with the easily dominated Floyd and that he has molested or even raped him, instead of just using Mr. Rasperry Jam's eyesocket again. As to how and why this portrayal hasn't raised a few more eyebrows is beyond me, but anyway, here's my suggestion: Any variation of "It is implied that prior to his death, Floyd was also molested and/or raped by Trevor" should be added to Floyd's character description. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 00:46, 28 April 2015 (UTC)
This article desperately needs a cast list. Names and wiki links of the voice actors are lacking except for the minor characters. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:38, 30 April 2015 (UTC)
- A full list of the cast is unnecessary for this article. Each section already states the actors of the characters. -- Rhain1999 (talk to me) 06:14, 30 April 2015 (UTC)
"Unseen characters" section
A new user, DominicSeidel2, continues to add a new "Unseen characters" section to the article, despite repeated attempts to stop this. I think this section is completely unnecessary, as a character is clearly not notable if they are not seen in the game (and if an unseen character is notable, for some reason (like Lazlow in most previous Grand Theft Auto games), I don't think we need an entire section for this). Can I get a consensus on this? -- Rhain1999 (talk to me) 00:27, 30 May 2015 (UTC)
- Thought I should leave an update: the section has since been removed, and the user has stopped attempting to add it to the article. -- Rhain1999 (talk to me) 06:27, 1 June 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on List of Grand Theft Auto V characters. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://archive.is/20141106065631/http://thrivewire.com/stories/michal-sinnott-of-every-drop-counts-and-grand-theft-auto-actress-captures-unique-characters to http://thrivewire.com/stories/michal-sinnott-of-every-drop-counts-and-grand-theft-auto-actress-captures-unique-characters
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.