Talk:List of LGBT events
|To-do list for List of LGBT events:|
|This is a stand-alone list that meets list notability criteria. Please only add items that meet the selection criteria established in the lead.|
|WikiProject LGBT studies||(Rated List-class)|
|WikiProject Lists||(Rated List-class)|
- 1 Criteria for included events?
- 2 Improve usefulness: Make sortable (by removing country sections)
- 3 Change title to 'Calendar of LGBT Events'
- 4 Removed link templates
- 5 Corresponding list of defunct LGBT events
Criteria for included events?
Remove 'Political' criterion
I think this should not be a criterion for inclusion on this list. (I only added it because I was trying to explicate the criteria already implicitly used in making the list.) My reasoning for not using this criterion is that this list should be as complete as possible so that tourists can use it to plan their trips and event planners can use it to plan their events. --Tiger MarcROAR! 12:45, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
Please start your comments with agree or disagree:
Improve usefulness: Make sortable (by removing country sections)
I'd like to make this article more useful by:
- Removing the country sections (and their flags)
- Adding the country (and U.S. state where appropriate) to the beginning of the Location column so that it is still possible to sort by country
- Making each column sortable
Sortability would improve usefulness by allowing readers to view events by date in a certain location. Tourists could plan their itineraries around the dates, and event planners could plan events around dates.
Please start your comments with Agree or Disagree:
Change title to 'Calendar of LGBT Events'
Let's change the title of this article from 'List of LGBT events' to 'Calendar of LGBT events.'
- More descriptive: Although this article started as a list (without dates), dates were added; and, it became a calendar. Let the title reflect that.
- Distinguishes article: There is already a Category:LGBT_events which acts as a list of LGBT events. Changing the name to 'Calendar of LGBT events' would distinguish this article from that list.
Please start your comments with Agree: or Disagree:.
- Agree: I agree with myself. That's surprising! --Tiger MarcROAR! 20:13, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
- Agree Yeah, that's a better title. Ncboy2010 (talk) 12:04, 5 September 2012 (UTC)
I removed Template:External_links and Template:Cleanup-spam from the top of the article.
Wikipedia:Spam#Tagging_articles_prone_to_spam suggests removing this template once spam attacks have died down. I reviewed every edit for the last 6 months and found no edits that were spam. Therefore, I deleted the template. --Tiger MarcROAR! 21:11, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
Yes, there are many links, but they are not excessive (only one per event) or 'against WP policies or guidelines.' Perhaps, this is in reference to WP:LINKFARM. (There was concern about this article being a link farm documented years ago in the archive.) However, this article is no longer a, 'mere collections of external links.' It is more than that; it operates as a calendar.
Having official websites in the table makes it more useful. (I'm about to change the heading for that column to 'Official website' or similar, and ask at the top of this talk page for help filtering out the unofficial sites from the table.) --Tiger MarcROAR! 21:11, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
Corresponding list of defunct LGBT events
Since this is an encyclopedia, and this list deliberately excludes discontinued events although "notability is not temporary", this article surely needs to be balanced up by the establishment of a corresponding "List of defunct LGBT events". Otherwise we will be skewing our coverage of LGBT events to newer ones rather than older ones irregardless of their notabiltity. Coyets (talk) 14:43, 3 June 2011 (UTC)