Talk:List of Latin phrases (I)
|WikiProject Latin||(Rated List-class)|
When redirected from another page to an abbreviation in the main table, the first line of the first cell's contents will be aligned with the top of the browser window. These are vertically aligned at the center of the cell so if there are multiple lines in the notes column, the top half of these notes will not fall inside the screen. I would recommend changing the redirect method to align with the top of the row instead of the first line of text it contains but I can imagine the amount of work this would require. Vertically aligning to the top of the cells is a less elegant but much easier fix. (examples: I.e. and E.g.) --MooNFisH (talk) 07:56, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- The only way I can think of how to achieve a better screen positioning is to insert a valign=top into every left-most cell which has a section/anchor mark, in all 20 tables. Given that a) the correct position is only a small scroll-up away, b) that the positioning can't work at all where the target is at the bottom of the screen, this seems a lot of work for little gain. But, Wikipedia, the encyclopedia every one can edit: feel free. -- Michael Bednarek (talk) 12:50, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
Hello, I would like to include " i.e " , the abbreviation for Latin id est, meaning "that is" or "in other words". Where should it be placed? Could a more expierience editor insert it for me? Thank you. Tat Sat (talk) 15:00, 18 July 2012 (UTC)
- i.e. (id est) is the second entry in this list; where else do you think it ought to be placed? -- Michael Bednarek (talk) 03:00, 19 July 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry, I did not find it when I first looked for it. I am glad to know it is already included. Thank you for your quick answer. Tat Sat (talk) 16:46, 20 July 2012 (UTC)
in hoc sensu or in sensu hoc
- Omitting it might be even better – which I've done. -- Michael Bednarek (talk) 12:03, 8 September 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on List of Latin phrases (I). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Replaced archive link http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:NMfE3a33MbMJ:phil.flet.mita.keio.ac.jp/person/nakagawa/texts/august/cd/cd12.html+%22beatitudinem+consequatur+nec+expleat+indigentiam+suam%22&hl=en with https://web.archive.org/web/20130214070332/http://phil.flet.mita.keio.ac.jp/person/nakagawa/texts/august/cd/cd12.html on http://phil.flet.mita.keio.ac.jp/person/nakagawa/texts/august/cd/cd12.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.