Talk:List of Queensland rugby league team squads
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the List of Queensland rugby league team squads article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Rugby league / State of Origin||(Rated List-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Australia / Rugby / Queensland||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
awesome work on the page guys! Steeden 02:48, 12 November 2006 (UTC)
In 1983 Gene Miles appears as both prop and centre for this series. One of them has to be wrong. According to stateoforigin.com.au Greg Conescu played that year, so maybe he's the one missing.--Jeff79 23:48, 7 April 2007 (UTC)
In 1995 Gavin Allen appears as prop. The stateoforigin.com.au site lists him in 1995 too. But according to that site as well as the Brisbane Broncos 1995 page, he was playing for the broncos that year, which means he was affiliated with Super League and thus made ineligable to play for the Maroons. Did he change clubs part-way thru the season? Or was someone else the prop that year? --Jeff79 22:37, 13 April 2007 (UTC)
I think we should rename this article to Queensland State of Origin Players as The Maroons is an unofficial name. The Maroons is also a nickname for any Queensland Rugby League team, it's not specific to the State of Origin series. This would also be applicable to the other pages (History, Records, Scorers, Captains and Coaches). What do you think? Bongomanrae 06:23, 7 May 2007 (UTC)
- No problem here, as long as all existing links to it continue to work.--Jeff79 07:04, 7 May 2007 (UTC)
- Cheers, I did it and everything should be moved/redirected now. Bongomanrae 07:56, 7 May 2007 (UTC)
- Things redirect automatically anyway when a page is moved. But having thought about it now. I've been argiung at Talk:Queensland_State_of_Origin_Team#Article_name for the team's article to be Queensland rugby league team. So I wonder if this article shouldn't be entitled Queensland Maroons after all, as it includes Super League's Queensland teams as well as State of Origin's.--Jeff79 08:26, 7 May 2007 (UTC)
The Superleague side played three games in 1997 but only two squads are listed here? Is that because it is listing only games v NSW and has ommitted the NZ match or has someone forgotten about the final? Mattlore 06:06, 23 July 2007 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on List of Queensland rugby league team squads. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080721053330/http://www.qrl.com.au/display.php?pg_id=2943 to http://www.qrl.com.au/display.php?pg_id=2943
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.