Talk:List of Transformers: Prime characters
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the List of Transformers: Prime characters article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
While editing, someone doesn't seem to understand the purpose of a list of character page. Each character should have a short summary of themselves. If you want to add a character's role in a episode go to the Wikipedia link of the character. Plus characters (especially the Autobots and Decepticons) should be put under a catergory such as "Main cast", "Minor cast" etc. This will define the character bios more easily rather than have a bunch of words clunched up together. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 08:14, 24 November 2012 (UTC)
Problem editing content
Whenever I try to edit this article in any way, I find that any edit I make is deleted within a few days and the article is returned to exactly how it was before. All I want to do is make each character synopsis shorter and easier to read for people, as well as sort out grammar and spelling, because in my opinion, the article in its current state is poorly written, overly long and overly descriptive, but I (and anyone else who wishes to contribute) seem to be unable to fix the problems because any contribution I make is always removed. Why is this? Is someone claiming ownership of the article? MunkkyNotTrukk (talk) 18:36, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
A couple of things I'd like some feedback and second opinions on
While I do know that no one uses the talk page for this article, I just thought I'd put this here because, well, there's nowhere else to put it. If you're reading this, I'd like your opinion on some of the information in this article:
A) Would you say Smokescreen is silver or white? Because in the series there are scenes where he looks white and others where he looks silver. I just want to make sure the colour I wrote in the article is right.
B) Do you think the bios of Primus and the Thirteen Original Transformers should be taken out (seeing as they haven't made full appearances in the series yet, and there's nothing indicating that they'll show up), or should they be left?
C) Now this is a controversial one, do you think that the character bios should be separated into categories like they are at present (Like "Team Prime", "Crew of the Nemesis", "Rogue Decepticons" etc.)? I personally think that it's fine, because it gives the reader (the most important person at the end of the day) a better idea as to who the character is/was and what role they play in the series, but I've heard some editors say that this shouldn't be done. What do you think?
I doubt I'll get a response of course, because as I said at the beginning no one uses this talk page, but if anyone does drop by let me know what you think to these queries. MunkkyNotTrukk (talk) 12:14, 15 September 2012 (UTC)
- Since this is up for copyediting, I have some suggestions:
A) Can you find an article that verifies Smokescreen's color in the series? It may be possible both colors are used to describe him.
B) Any characters that have not made full appearances should not have sections. Otherwise this would might as well be redundant with "List of Transformers". If they mentioned a Transformer in background, but they haven't had a role as a recurring or guest character in an episode, what's the point in explaining their history?
C) The groups can be categorized, but not every single character needs to be mentioned. Only major ones that have a voice actor. I would remove the "Deceased" characters and list them like everyone else. The 5-6 Team Prime members go at the top for sure. You can take a look at List of One Piece characters and List of Fairy Tail characters for some more ideas and grouping suggestions. AngusWOOF (talk) 08:33, 29 September 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you very much for your suggestions. I'm unable to find anything that officially verifies Smokescreen's colour, so I think I'll just leave it as silver. Additionally, I might have a go at re-structuring the article to match the likes of the examples you showed, but I'm not sure how well that will go down with other editors. There's always that fear that someone will go "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!?!" and revert it all to how it was. Thank you again for your feedback AngusWOOF. MunkkyNotTrukk (talk) 17:22, 2 October 2012 (UTC)
- I think it's largely because everyone contributing to the article has a different idea on how it should look. Some people think the character bios should be short and to the point, others don't. Some of us think it's a good idea to separate the character bios into sub-sections like "Team Prime" and "Crew of the Nemesis", and others don't like it (but I've never heard anyone say exactly why that's bad). I don't really know what can be done about it. MunkkyNotTrukk (talk) 17:04, 19 December 2012 (UTC)
Should there be a room for deceased bots?
- To answer the question in the title, no, I don't think there should be sections for deceased Autobots and Decepticons, I think the characters that have been killed off in the show should be integrated into other sections. For example, a while ago I removed the Deceased Autobots header, moved Cliffjumper and Tailgate's summaries into "Other Autobots" and took out Seaspray's summary completely because he doesn't make a physical appearance in the show. For the Decepticons, I made a section called "Former Nemesis Crew Members" that includes all of the killed off characters as well as Airachnid. However, I agree that the section structure of this article changes far too often. The problem is that everyone contributing to the article (and it's a lot of people) has a different idea as to how the article should look, and I don't think anyone is willing to compromise on anything. So even if there was a permanent structure on the article, it would only be there for a six or seven hours at most before being reverted by someone hiding behind an IP address. So yes, I do think the article should have a permanent structure without the "Deceased Whatever" heading, but I don't think that is possible because there are so many people making so many edits the article every day (it's a popular show after all...) that it's becoming difficult to maintain and keep track of. MunkkyNotTrukk (talk) 20:10, 17 January 2013 (UTC)
- I also agree that there shouldn't be a section for deceased Autobot members. The only sections under the Autobots and Decepticons there should be are the sub-groups for the two Cybertronian races (like they have for different media appearances for the Dinobots, Constructicons, Aerialbots, Stunticons, Protectobots, Combaticons, Technobots, Predacons, Throttlebots, Terrorcons, Seacons, and even the Wreckers). Rtkat3 (talk) 10:00, February 7 2013 (UTC)
Considering the origin of Transformers toys and copyright (as well as other rights) issues with (Takara) Tomy, I believe Japanese voices should be listed here. Hasbro is taking lead in overall Transformers franchise nowadays, but I think it's (Takara) Tomy's influence that made way for two Japanese companies to participate in the production. Even though Japanese version is basically a translation of English version (with some edits, plus localy added segments), (Takara) Tomy's influence is inevitable. (Unlike the situation over MLP: FIM in Canada where DHX Media/Vancouver is basically a production company that has no distribution rights for Canada; It was sold by Hasbro Studios to Corus, along with the former's other productions including TF: Prime.) JSH-alive/talk/cont/mail 11:02, 12 March 2013 (UTC)
Where are the humans?
- The human section has been re-added, but I also find it strange that a clear reason for removing the section was not given. There was a Section Blanking tag, but the user didn't explain why he removed the section at all. Knowing this article and the people who edit it though, it wouldn't surprise me if the reason was something like "Human characters in Transformers fiction suck! We only watch it for the robots!"
In "Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising" Knock Out switches sides to the Autobot's, Also being thankful to see Optimus Prime when he arrives so he should be listed with the autobots or mentioned in his description that he changed side's, He left because of knowledge of Starscreams ways and his rudeness. Speedy Question Mark (talk) 20:04, 15 September 2013 (UTC)
- But he has to be still listed as a Decepticon in the character list. He's on their side rest of the series. CAJH (talk) 10:43, 23 September 2013 (EET)
Somehow an unregistered user from IP 22.214.171.124, always removes Knock Out from Main Decepticons and adds him to Main Autobots. He thinks that even joining to the Autobots at the end is emough good reason, though he is a Decepticon during rest of the series. Can't anyone make him change his mind? CAJH (talk) 14:00, 4 October 2013 (EET)
- Perhaps we can ask for the page to be protected. Speaking of Knock Out, has it ever been confirmed that he and Break Down were intended to be a couple? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Misterandersen (talk • contribs) 11:08, 23 December 2014 (UTC)