Talk:List of United States Air Force installations
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the List of United States Air Force installations article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject United States||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
- 1 Untitled
- 2 Include closed bases?
- 3 Difference between "Current AFBs" and "Other AFBs"?
- 4 Air Force Academy
- 5 GeoLoc
- 6 Naval Air Station Alameda
- 7 NATO air bases??
- 8 No mention of Iraq
- 9 Just added Camp Lemonier, Djibouti
- 10 Da Nang
- 11 This should be retited to "Air Force Base Installation
- 12 Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar ?
- 13 USAF Bases in Iran?
- 14 External links modified
Why are some bases listed in the main list, and some listed in the "other" list? -- Famartin 23:22, 17 May 2005 (UTC)
...'k, now that this has been moved (sensibly so IMO) is it going to be US bases frequented by the US Air Force (eg Gitmo Naval base), or US Air Force bases? -- Kwantus 18:27, 19 Sep 2003 (UTC)
Isn´t Frankfurt an airbase also? Just asking.
Jacksonville isn't an air force base. I'm removing it. Mike H 01:40, Jul 5, 2004 (UTC)
Include closed bases?
There is a large number of closed US Air Force installations. See http://www.radomes.org/museum/scripts/satellite.cgi for some.
Difference between "Current AFBs" and "Other AFBs"?
I'm curious what the distinction is between current and other bases. What got my attention was the listing for Andersen AFB in the "other" list. To the best of my knowledge this is still a full, active base. --StuffOfInterest 20:40, 28 November 2005 (UTC)
Air Force Academy
Isn't it Falcon Air Force Base? 22.214.171.124 16:52, 30 March 2006 (UTC)
I understand that there are unique GeoLoc (geo-location) codes associated with USAF bases. Does anyone have a reference for this information?
I've removed this because it was primarily a Navy base, not an Air Force Base. Argyriou 15:28, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
NATO air bases??
This is a list of US air force bases. NATO bases are not US exclusive. —☆ CieloEstrellado 03:00, 25 January 2007 (UTC)
No mention of Iraq
Googling ("air force base" iraq) turns up descriptions of Kirkuk, Ali, and Al Asad air bases. I don't know where these should go in the lists, and there may well be more....
Here's mention of another one: "The 20,000 troops based at Balad, home to the major Air Force operation in Iraq..." Washington Post
- Those may not be classified as "bases". They could be "operations centers" or something else put in place to establish against the thought of permanency.AF Cadet & EE Student (talk) 05:27, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
Just added Camp Lemonier, Djibouti
Though command of the Camp was handed over from the USMC to the Navy in 2006, the Air Force has a contingent present on the base. Just a thought, but there are going to be many more cross-service installations around the world with the new Pentagon strategy of Cooperative Security Locations and Forward Operating Sites. --Petercorless 07:26, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
This should be retited to "Air Force Base Installation
Though this may create some confusion in respect to other types of installations, like Hurlburt Field etc, it will correct the gross error that this article causes:
Air Force installations are what the buildings/establishments inside a base are called. Places like "Base Housing" and "Pass and Registration" are installations found on every base (as per the standard formatting of bases) along with many other installations. These also should be warranted their own article, which should have the current title of this article.
All of this information is coming out of my copy of "The Foundations of the United States Air Force" Air and Space Studies 100 Air Force ROTC text (2008 edition T-107). U.S. GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE: 2008-724-790. Just another guy trying to be a Chemical Engineer, Nanobiotechnologist, and Mathematician (talk) 05:02, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- I take it back, I was mistaken. They are not titled "installations", but the article still doesn't mention the standard setup of a base, or any of the services it provides. These are important and standardized. —Preceding unsigned comment added by LealandA (talk • contribs) 05:23, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar ?
What about the base in Qatar? http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/udeid.htm It's not listed —Preceding unsigned comment added by Qwartoblogspotcom (talk • contribs) 03:42, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
USAF Bases in Iran?
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 6 external links on List of United States Air Force installations. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150220230827/http://www.peterson.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=4745 to http://www.peterson.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=4745
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101026055852/http://www.pope.af.mil/ to http://www.pope.af.mil/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090520055756/http://www.lackland.af.mil/ to http://www.lackland.af.mil/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110727182040/http://www.lajes.af.mil/ to http://www.lajes.af.mil/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101006125548/http://www.kdab.afcent.af.mil/ to http://www.kdab.afcent.af.mil/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130106153251/http://www.al.ngb.army.mil/Units/AirNationalGuard/default.aspx to http://www.al.ngb.army.mil/Units/AirNationalGuard/default.aspx
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.