Talk:List of aircraft manufacturers
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the List of aircraft manufacturers article.|
|WikiProject Aviation / Aircraft||(Rated List-class)|
|WikiProject Companies||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
Aero engine manufacturers
Do we have a list of aero engine manufacturers yet? Tannin 12:44 Mar 27, 2003 (UTC)
- Try List of aircraft engine manufacturers. :-) (Engines are the most interesting components, a general component maker list seems too large and too obscure.) Stan 16:02 Mar 27, 2003 (UTC)
Did General Electric ever make aircraft? I don't think so. I ask because someone added GE to the list, but I have removed the entry. Thanks -- Adrian Pingstone 16:31 Mar 27, 2003 (UTC)
Is Rutan an aircraft manufacturer? It's on the list but I can find no such firm; perhaps it refers to Scaled Composites, co-founded by Burt Rutan? I didn't remove it, but was curious whether anybody knows. -- David
There are two things that I need some assistance on.
First, the ICAO listing above. I was not able to find a link on the ICAO site to that file. I came across it while searching through Google. Does anyone know of any other files at ICAO similar to that? In particular I am looking for a listing of airlines.
Second, I was not able to identify that the following were aircraft manufacturers. I have left them in the list as they may be valid.
- AAT, AAT - Unknown, (1945-1950) - the link leads to a disambiguation page and I found no other listings in Google.
- ABAP, ABAP - Unknown, (1958-?) - the link leads to Advanced Business Application Programming and I found no other listings in Google.
- Aero-Club, Aero-Club der Schweiz - Switzerland - the link is valid as is the club but I can't find any reference to them having been a manufacturer. They did commission an aircraft.
- Aero-Craft, Aero-Craft - Unknown - the best I could find for this was a maker of model aircraft.
- Amoy, Amoy - Unknown, (1930-1935) - the link leads to the city in China. I suspect the listing may refer to the Amoy N. E. Pan Primary Trainer built by Chinese Naval Establishment.
- AVIS, AVIS Aircraft - Unknown, (1917-1923) -1941 - only reference I could find for this was a modern day aircraft broker.
- Belairbus, Belairbus - Unknown - the only reference I could find was to a maker of aircraft parts (slack track systems).
- Benes & Hajn, Benes & Hajn - Unknown, (1923) > Avia - the Avia listing has no reference to this but there are to listed Avia manufacturers and it may have been the other.
- Bernard Aircraft, Bernard Aircraft - Unknown - nothing for this.
- Hawker Pacific Aerospace, Hawker Pacific Aerospace - United Kingdom, (1980-present) - this appears to be an aircraft repair company. There is nothing on the company site to indicate manufacturing.
- Helikopter Services, Helikopter Services - Unknown - I found two listings for this ASTEC Helikopter Services AS (Norway) and WIKING Helikopter Service GmbH (Germany) but they are not manufacturers.
- Hiro Haval Arsenal, Hiro Haval Arsenal - Unknown - all Google references to this are either Wikipedia or mirrors.
- Thomas-Martin, Thomas-Martin - Unknown - all Google references to this are either Wikipedia or mirrors.
- West Australian Airways, West Australian Airways - Australia - this appears to be an airline and not a manufacturer.
Any information would be great. CambridgeBayWeather 5 July 2005 07:18 (UTC)
All the above have at some stage manufactured aircraft, their non-existance on google merely proves that search engines inadequacies. For Example West Australian Airways, even though an airline, at one stage did construct aircraft. Nothing should be removed from the list, it is a very complete list and growing. If anything the hyperlinks need to be either removed or redirected for the manufacturers you question, and probably many others Gunter 5-JUL-2005 07:25
One thing I did forget to mention was that I did attempt to search Wikipedia for all the manufacturers listed, I was able to link several from the list that either had no link or were misdirected. I am sure that I have missed many who do have articles. I didn't mean to suggest that they should be removed just that I was looking for more information on them such as country and manufacturers full name. CambridgeBayWeather 5 July 2005 13:50 (UTC)