Talk:List of awards and nominations received by Sistar
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Removed non-legit awards
I removed listings for things that aren't 'real' awards, like Soompi awards and such. Past discussions have led to a consensus that popularity polls from those kinds of sites are not encyclopedic in nature. Ditto for some of the 'style' awards from entities that are not notable. Shinyang-i (talk) 02:09, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
- @Shinyang-i: Hello there. You must be new to Wikipedia so pardon my edit since I only reverted to restore the information and that I can add the reference at the same time. While I agree that awards like Allkpop and Soompi are not what you say "real", I looked into the style award and believe it is legitimate due to the award being supported by the South Korean and Seoul governments. Anyways, I appreciate your edits and be sure to check out here to familiarize Wikipedia! Rockysmile11 (talk) 04:40, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
- @Rockysmile11: I was basing my edits on consensus reached in the past, regarding Allkpop etc. Regarding the other, the fact that the awards have no Wikipedia articles make me believe they are non-notable. From the Sistar article (or wikilinks leading from it), it's not possible to tell anything about those awards, such as who issues them or the criteria for judging. If I have to go digging around the net to see if they are legit, they probably aren't notable enough for mention in an awards section. However, it's probably worth a discussion. Seeing as nearly every kpop article is filled with mention of fan-run awards, blog awards, style awards, as well as the millions of "legit" Korean awards, centralization for discussion would probably be good. I've been talking about this with some other editors about the myriad problems on kpop articles and it looks like we'll try to get more discussions going on the Korea working group page. Clearly the current method of (non-)communication between editors of kpop articles is not working! ^^ Shinyang-i (talk) 04:52, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
- @Shinyang-i: Good places to start a discussion on the notability & inclusion of Korean awards would be on Wikipedia:WikiProject Awards and prizes and Wikipedia:WikiProject Korea/Popular culture (if this is the one you're referring to) talk pages. Looking at articles on awards like singers Beyoncé and Adele, there is (for the most part) links to the relevant pages for information. On this page, most of them have their own article which is sufficient already though there definitely needs to be a line drawn on awards based on gossip/fan-sites like Allkpop and more legitimate events that actually hand out real trophies & have criteria/screening process (like the Gaon & Korean Lifestyle awards). Its something that editors like yourself could look further look into so that the quality of Wikipedia articles can improve. Rockysmile11 (talk) 05:24, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
MindyChua, why do you keep adding Sistar19's award to this page? I added the award to Sistar19 and now it's on two different articles which doesn't make sense. Random86 (talk) 07:34, 26 April 2015 (UTC)
- Why not just put all Sistar-related awards to Sistar awards page? Sistar19 has just only 1 award so I think it can just be added on sistar page. By the way for the asia model awards, they have gotten the asia star award. Why did you remove that? I hope you can stop removing the things I have posted. You are always the one removing my content. Even other users are complaining about it as well. I hope you can understand. MindyChua (talk) 07:40, 26 April 2015 (UTC)
- @MindyChua: Sistar19 is not the same as Sistar. Since they have their own page, their awards should go there. Notice how Sistar19's discography is not on Sistar discography? If Sistar19 didn't have a separate page it would be fine, be since they do, it makes more sense to have their awards on Sistar19. I didn't remove asia model awards and I don't know why you think I did. (FYI any award that is unsourced can be removed at any time.) Random86 (talk) 07:48, 26 April 2015 (UTC)
Its actually the same. Sistar19 has the word 'sistar' as well. Its not me putting Sistar19 award at sistar page unnecessarily. Its sistar19's page which has no awards section in the first place. So its not my fault that I added sistar19 awards to sistar awards' page. You created the sistar19 awards section AFTER i added the content. So don't blame me for adding at sistar's site. You should at least start writing here instead of making edits war. I write you erase. I write you erase. Its also very troublesome for me to replace everything back. I hope if this kind of thing happen again, you can start writing here not removing my content. Thank you MindyChua (talk) 10:11, 26 April 2015 (UTC)
- What you are saying does not make sense. Sistar19 is a subgroup of Sistar, but it's not the same because there are less members in it. Sistar19's awards should be on Sistar19; otherwise there is no point of the subgroup having a separate page. The only reason the Sistar19 page didn't have an awards section is because no one had added it yet. I am blaming you for this issue because you keep adding the award back here after I moved it to a more appropriate location. (I removed your edits from my talk page because they didn't make sense and I can remove whatever I want from my own talk page). You are the one who added the award back here without discussing it first or even leaving an edit summary, which goes against Wikipedia guidelines. Random86 (talk) 20:18, 26 April 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on List of awards and nominations received by Sistar. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101029175022/http://mb.com.ph/articles/284825/controversial-mnet-asian-music-awards-bares-nominees to http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/284825/controversial-mnet-asian-music-awards-bares-nominees
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140111201024/http://www.tenasia.com/archives/61256 to http://www.tenasia.com/archives/61256
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.