Talk:List of cel-shaded video games
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the List of cel-shaded video games article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This page was nominated for deletion on 10 April 2009. The result of the discussion was keep.|
|WikiProject Video games||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
Sprite Based Games
Goodpoint, I also saw gourod shaded games such as wacky races. Its not fully cel-shaded, its 3d with lines. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2601:151:C300:8BC0:2D13:8A8A:9E86:55F7 (talk) 18:25, 29 March 2016 (UTC)
Partially Cel Shaded Games
Are we including partially cel shaded games here? For example, Zone of the Enders 2: The Second Runner used Cel Shading for the explosions but nothing else. Do those count here? ChewyLSB 6 July 2005 01:10 (UTC)
- I doubt we should add it (even though it's there), but since I havn't played the game (nor have I heard of it), I won't add or delete anything. --Bentendo24 03:22, 11 September 2006 (UTC)
- Ah, when I made that comment, it wasn't there, and I didn't add it. I guess we are adding partially cel shaded games, then. -ChewyLSB 16:43, 28 September 2006 (UTC)
This game is cel shaded
- Um, not it isn't. Ace of Sevens 20:09, 16 July 2006 (UTC)
Boderlands isn't cel shaded.
Borderlands isn't cel shaded. Admittedly, I am no expert, but as far as I can tell the art direction makes it look like it is cel shaded, without actually having used cel shading. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 20:29, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
- I think you should take a look at this discussion. The CEO of Gearbox said in an early development stage that the game was NOT cel-shaded, however, a lot might have changed since then. Critics also seem to agree that it is cel-shaded. Flashtoo (talk) 23:36, 11 April 2011 (UTC)
- By the definition of the Wikipedia article on the Cel Shading process, Borderlands and Borderlands 2 are cel shaded. And if these games are not, as someone already pointed out, neither are a large number of the other games on the list. I believe it is pedantic to exclude the Borderland games. Bloodholds (talk) 05:12, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
- It is not pedantic to exclude games where the term does not apply in any way. That very few games on the list are cel shaded does not mean that Borderlands should be on it, it just shows that the list is in a terrible state - which comes from the fact that the general understanding of cel shading is terrible. And the state of this list only further reinforces that. Anyway, if you want to justify Borderlands' inclusion on the list use a reliable source (from one of the developers or someone who actually understands something about tech and not one of the many game critics who are themselves victims of the almost universal misconception of cel shading). I haven't played Borderlands 2, only 1, but from what I've observed neither one of these games uses cel shading. Cartoonish textures and outlines have literally nothing to do with this shading technique. Also, the defintion of Wikipedia was edited by the same kind of people who have done serious damage to this list so it's really just wrong to cite it to justify what should and shouldn't be on the list.--F4LL0UT (talk) 15:48, 5 November 2014 (UTC)
Actually, some games like Fear Effect 1 and 2, Sheep Dog 'n Wolf (Playstation) and Doctor Hauzer(3DO) feature NO SHADING AT ALL, just painted textures to simulate shading. X-Men Legends 1 and 2 also doesn't feature cel-shading, but normal shading and lines around the models. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 18:47, 21 August 2016 (UTC)
The Madden series has recently used cel-shading with rim outlines. Should we add?
It's a yearly series with iterations coming every August. This would cause an annoyance if they kept using the techniques and every iteration had to be added. Should just the series article Madden NFL be added to acknowledge that the series is utilizing it? Thekingofdallas (talk) 21:40, 20 September 2017 (UTC)