Talk:List of Tron characters
|WikiProject Film||(Rated List-class)|
|WikiProject Fictional characters||(Rated List-class)|
|Text and/or other creative content from Bit (character) was copied or moved into List of characters in Tron with this edit. The former page's history now serves to provide attribution for that content in the latter page, and it must not be deleted so long as the latter page exists. The former page's talk page can be accessed at Talk:Bit (character).|
|Text and/or other creative content from Master Control Program (Tron) was copied or moved into List of characters in Tron with this edit. The former page's history now serves to provide attribution for that content in the latter page, and it must not be deleted so long as the latter page exists. The former page's talk page can be accessed at Talk:Master Control Program (Tron).|
|Text and/or other creative content from Sark (Tron) was copied or moved into List of characters in Tron with this edit. The former page's history now serves to provide attribution for that content in the latter page, and it must not be deleted so long as the latter page exists. The former page's talk page can be accessed at Talk:Sark (Tron).|
|Text and/or other creative content from List of characters in Tron was copied or moved into Tron (film) with this edit. The former page's history now serves to provide attribution for that content in the latter page, and it must not be deleted so long as the latter page exists. The former page's talk page can be accessed at Talk:List of characters in Tron.|
- I agree with your assessment of the Kingdom Hearts and have edited out this information. --Jeremy (blah blah • I did it!) 18:14, 29 December 2010 (UTC)
This article is for the original TRON characters. Though some characters follow over to the new TRON: Legacy movie, there is no place for the new characters in this article. for this reason I removed the Kaster listing. Crazy Blue Eyes (talk) 17:42, 23 October 2010 (UTC)
- Please read the Lead before making such edits, the lead clearly states that this a list of characters from the entire Tron franchise, not just the first film. I have expanded the list and segmented into appropriate sections. --Jeremy (blah blah • I did it!) 06:46, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
Someone has clearly put a lot of effort into this article but can we please drop the pedantic explanations of "protagonist" and "antagonist"? There are some editors adding this to every film article like a plague but frankly if you have to explain it so pedantically then you have completely failed to write an adequate prose description of the character. Even then it's a lot simpler and clearer and less pretentious to use plain English and say "hero" or "villian". Writing about as secondary antagonist is just nonsense, and deuteragonist is even worse. This is just ridiculous, the only sillyness left is this article hasn't yet gone as far as saying "tritagonist".
If someone else doens't remove the descriptions I will but I want to give the editors who are watching over this article a chance to clean it up first in their own way, because I will be removing the mess like a barber surgeon. Keep it simple. -- Horkana (talk) 14:10, 29 December 2010 (UTC)
- I don't like it is not an acceptable reason for removing information. Explaining the characters roll in the movies is is part of the character's description. Antagonist and protagonist and their related terminology is acceptable and used properly here. Please don't make ultimatums either. --Jeremy (blah blah • I did it!) 18:10, 29 December 2010 (UTC)
- I'm discussing it with Project Film. From other articles I've edited I was under the impression more editors agreed that this kind of blunt spelling out of protagonist was unnecessary. It is not the kind of character descriptions I have seen in the guidelines or in Featured articles. It seems to be acceptable to some editors, and this list may yet be one of those circumstances. I would still urge you to rephrase and I'm sure the wording could be better. I will at the very least replace deuteragonist with "secondary protagonist", that it needed an explanatory Wikilink shows it is is overcomplicated. -- Horkana (talk) 00:47, 30 December 2010 (UTC)
Clu or CLU
I'm trying to figure out the correct capitalisation of Clu or CLU. From the character descriptions on the official website it seems inconsistent at first, but I get the impression that they refer to Clu when talking about the character from the first film but talk about CLU when talking about the "Codified Likeness Utility" that Flynn created in the second film. -- Horkana (talk) 17:09, 6 January 2011 (UTC)
- Please note the above links, Disney appears to use "CLU". Please discuss, if you find links showing examples of lowercase being used please do include them.
- Edits by User:Jerem43 include an edit summary saying Clu 2: In all Disney/Marvel media the character is referred to as Clu and in this edit all instances of CLU were changed to Clu.
- I'm looking for a few appropriate examples so we can settle this, but aside from the questions over capitalising this acronym, this discussion makes think it is incorrect to refer to "CLU 2" in the section title at all if Disney do not ever use that designation, and we should not use the number at all. I'd appreciate a reminder about where that number comes from, perhaps it was mentioned briefly in the plot of Tron: Legacy? -- Horkana (talk) 16:42, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
I had hoped editors might engange in discussion and not just revert good faith changes without any effort to discuss this matter, but still no comments.
See also Tron: Legacy. Some editors are invoking WP:ALLCAPS although as I've mentioned in edit summaries acronyms (Codified Likeness Utility, CLU) are an exception to that rule. -- Horkana (talk) 16:54, 16 January 2011 (UTC)
- I would imagine that would be when he jumped into the MCP's beam, not knowing if he'd be de-rezzed.Lew (talk) 16:30, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on List of Tron characters. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101224174929/http://www.boxofficemagazine.com/articles/2010-12-tron-legacy-screenwriters-on-stars-story-of-the-upcoming-tv-series to http://www.boxofficemagazine.com/articles/2010-12-tron-legacy-screenwriters-on-stars-story-of-the-upcoming-tv-series
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.