Talk:List of current Canadian first ministers
|List of current Canadian first ministers is a featured list, which means it has been identified as one of the best lists produced by the Wikipedia community. If you can update or improve it, please do so.|
|WikiProject Canada / Governments / Politicians||(Rated FL-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Politics||(Rated FL-class, Low-importance)|
We may want to reconsider the groupings for political parties. Several provincial Liberal parties are not affiliated with the Liberal Party of Canada and are in fact more aligned with the Conservative Party of Canada. Retaining the Liberal heading for those officially affiliated would be appropriate, but not for the others. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 19:34, 1 September 2016 (UTC)
Order of premiers
- It is by order of precedence. I like it better than alphabetical or west to east, which I think is arbitrary. It could be made sortable. 117Avenue (talk) 04:17, 16 October 2012 (UTC)
- I believe it was by assumption of office order. But as the office holders gradually changed, nobody felt ambitious enough to change the order, when the entries were changed. GoodDay (talk) 18:24, 16 October 2012 (UTC)
- I like sorting things by order of precedence, but to be fair, it's not as useful to our readers if they don't know the order of precedence and have to scroll through the list to find what they want. Sorting by office order has the same problem. It would be easier to find people sorted west-to-east, but that is kind of arbitrary. I think alphabetical is the only option that is easy to search and not arbitrary, but as long as it's searchable, I'm happy to keep it by order of precedent. —Arctic Gnome (talk • contribs) 19:11, 16 October 2012 (UTC)
Why not move the page to premiere ministers?
- Because premiere minister isn't a term, First Minister is. 117Avenue (talk) 21:14, 18 August 2013 (UTC)
We seem to go through this every time a federal or provincial election results in a change of government. I'd recommend that we have this article semi-protected from well-meaning but highly misinformed editors, who believe that Jim Prentice is no longer Alberta premier & Rachel Notley is. GoodDay (talk) 23:08, 6 May 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on List of current Canadian first ministers. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130209172240/http://www.premier.gov.on.ca/home/index.php to http://www.premier.gov.on.ca/home/index.php
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.