Talk:List of food additives
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
One way you could help
One way you could help is to look at the labels on the food items in your cupboards and in your fridge, and make sure the ingredients are included on the list.
I think this article is a great idea, and would be happy to contribute. But it really needs to be something more than just an undifferentiated list of food additives to be considered encyclopedic. Some suggestions:
- Divide the additives into categories based on the list at the top.
- Add comments on the additive, describing where they are used and how.
- Add comments as to what the additives are composed of (you've done a bit of that).
And so on. I went through something similar in writing List of vegetable oils.
In short... this is a credible start, but it's got quite a ways to go yet. So... keep going! Waitak 11:15, 4 June 2006 (UTC)
There is long-standing precedence for alphabetical lists on Wikipedia. The list now conforms to the standards set by and is consistent with other alphabetical lists on Wikipedia. A link is also provided to create a new categorized list. Note that the list is still under construction, but the structure is in place. --Pantothenate 05:12, 7 June 2006 (UTC)
Once this list is complete (or at least as comprehensive as is feasible), I'll be happy to assist in the creation/development of a categorized list. --Pantothenate 05:14, 7 June 2006 (UTC)
- You could make an official proposal. However, I don't believe it would make sense to do so. E number by and large is a subset of the List of food additives, Codex Alimentarius. Generally speaking E Numbers are used for the European System. This differs largely from the American system used by the FDA, which is this, "List of food additives".
- meatclerk 08:01, 18 June 2006 (UTC)
- Convincing arguments. Hmm. Would an article on the various official lists of food additives be a good thing? I'm (obviously) not knowledgeable enough to write it, but maybe you'd be interested in taking a shot at it? Waitak 12:18, 26 June 2006 (UTC)
- I'm aware of such an idea, considered it, and declined to started it. I've got too many irons in the fire.
- meatclerk 05:01, 27 June 2006 (UTC)
- Fair 'nuf. If you ever find yourself with room for another iron or two, I'll look forward to seeing the results! Waitak 11:57, 27 June 2006 (UTC)
Many additives have side effects if added in larger doses while preparing the dish. For example, any acid additive develops cold, to avoid that, Ammonium Chloride is used in small doses. If it is possible to add that information here, it would be good help to the users of these additives. Pathare Prabhu (talk) 13:23, 4 April 2013 (UTC)
beta-Caryophyllene number ???
Info of a food additive -- paprika red
could we make an 'evil foods' list?
Sorting and labeling list items by category
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on List of food additives. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060513055717/http://www.iterg.com/article.php3?id_article=370 to http://www.iterg.com/article.php3?id_article=370
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.