Talk:List of major perpetrators of the Holocaust
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the List of major perpetrators of the Holocaust article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Non-free images have been removed because they fail WP:NFCC and WP:NFLISTS; in fact most have no fair-use rationale, a requirement for NFCC, for this use and likely one cannot be made that would justify their use in anything other than their own biographies. ww2censor (talk) 16:43, 14 May 2011 (UTC)
- All images I removed are non-free images and none have public domain copyright licences. If you dispute the removal of any of the non-free images bring them to Wikipedia:Non-free content review for a wider community view. ww2censor (talk) 04:04, 17 May 2011 (UTC)
- I see your point, but some of these were mistagged in the first place. Right off the bat the photos of Eichmann, Gluecks and Stangl are in the public domain and should have the appropriate tag slapped on them. For instance, Stangl's photograph was published for people to identify him as a wanted fugitive during the manhunt for him.Hoops gza (talk) 04:12, 17 May 2011 (UTC)
File:Eichmann, Adolf.jpg Nominated for speedy Deletion
An image used in this article, File:Eichmann, Adolf.jpg, has been nominated for speedy deletion for the following reason: Wikipedia files with no non-free use rationale as of 23 March 2012
Don't panic; you should have time to contest the deletion (although please review deletion guidelines before doing so). The best way to contest this form of deletion is by posting on the image talk page.
To take part in any discussion, or to review a more detailed deletion rationale please visit the relevant image page (File:Eichmann, Adolf.jpg)
How in the world can this guy Amon Goeth not be included on your list of Holocaust perpetrators? This is the person Ralph Fiennes was portraying in Schindler's List. OMG - this is a HUGE oversight. There is a documentary called "Inheritance" about his daughter's struggle with that history. Here is a short excerpt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQrq4ljb48g
- He can be added; although, I would place him below some of the more infamous camp commanders. Kierzek (talk) 14:30, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
Appropriate use of a sortable table
Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Tables says that "If a list is simple, it is generally better to use one of the standard Wikipedia list formats instead of a table. Lists are easier to maintain than tables, and are often easier to read." – Alas, the problem with this "stand alone list" is that the columns in it are unsortable against the very basic concept of what constitutes Sortable tables. For example, the photos are not sortable; the "Role" and the "Fate" columns are sortable by letters of the alphabet: ABC (i.e. Arrested, Believed, Committed) which makes no sense. Some of the rows have pictures others don't; some have very long commentary sections others just a couple of words, creating huge gaps in layout every time. The table does no properly fit on a standard size monitor. One of the possible half-way solutions would be to introduce
! scope="col" class="unsortable" | Unsortable for all unsortable rows. Another solution would be to reduce the number of columns by combining supplementary data; for example, the age category might be useful for some viewer-researcher, separate from alphabetical listing of names, but all additional CSS functions are completely peripheral. Poeticbent talk 03:04, 23 September 2016 (UTC)
- If the list/table can be adjusted to fit better or view better that would be a good thing for readers. The reason why some have photos and other do not has to do with non-free photos; see mention in section on this page above. As for length of description, the fact is some "major" perpetrators demand more information to be stated than others. Kierzek (talk) 13:42, 23 September 2016 (UTC)
- Warsaw Ghetto Uprising - the other 3 Nazi commanders.
- Chełmno extermination camp commanders.
- Erich von dem Bach-Zelewski, Franz Kutschera
- René Bousquet and other Vel' d'Hiv Roundup executors
- Dieter Wisliceny, de:Anton Brunner (Kriegsverbrecher)
- Erich Koch, Friedrich Jeckeln
- Jozef Tiso
- This is only for listing of the "major" perpetrators, not all (and there were many), so that must be kept in mind. Kierzek (talk) 13:44, 23 September 2016 (UTC)