Talk:List of Mayors of Cardiff
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the List of Mayors of Cardiff article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
John Hogan Jenkins
Is there any basis for the wikilink from "1903: John Jenkins" to John Hogan Jenkins? John Jenkins is an extremely common name in Cardiff. John Hogan Jenkins is a likely candidate as he was a Welsh politician of the period, but a source would be useful. Verbcatcher (talk) 01:48, 25 March 2017 (UTC)
- @Sionk: Thanks, I have added a citation. This source says that his was "the last mayoralty before Cardiff Town became Cardiff City". You have used this in John Jenkins (British politician), but it appears to conflict with this list which gives "1904: Robert Hughes". The cited book may be intended to mean "the last completed mayoralty", because Cardiff became a city during the following mayoralty. I think the source is ambiguous and I will remove the claim from the John Jenkins article. Verbcatcher (talk) 19:20, 26 March 2017 (UTC)
- See MOS:JOBTITLES.
- When the correct formal title is treated as a proper name (e.g., King of France; it is correct to write Louis XVI was King of France but Louis XVI was the French king)
- "Mayor of Cardiff" is a formal title and should be captialised, as with "Elizabeth was Queen of England" or "Obama was President of the United States". However if the name of a role is used in isolation from the formal title it should not be capitalised, as in "the mayor opened the school" or "the queen opened parliament".
- This capitalisation is used in the titles of most of the articles in Category:Lists of mayors of places in England. Verbcatcher (talk) 23:04, 26 March 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on List of Mayors of Cardiff. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20141204234750/http://www.sabrain.com/about-us/interactive-timeline/1903 to http://www.sabrain.com/about-us/interactive-timeline/1903
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.