Talk:List of military vehicles of World War II
why?GraemeLeggett 15:52, 20 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Isn't there already a page for every WWII military vehicle under the sun? There were a lot of types of military vehicles used in WWII; my understanding was that this page was for listing only the ones in widespread use. --Carnildo 19:01, 20 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- its actually (mostly) armoured vehicles GraemeLeggett 20:49, 20 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- There's already List of armoured fighting vehicles of World War II, which also happens to be listed by country. Why not save duplicating that list, and turn this into List of World War II military support vehicles? —Michael Z. 2005-06-21 05:03 Z
- Good idea, saves deleting it, want to start? GraemeLeggett 08:45, 21 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- You're pretty sharp, G. I'm no expert on trucks. Having looked through this list more thoroughly, it appears that this is partly a duplicate of the other article, without much in the way of non-AFVs at all. I think the first step is to merge this list into the other, and start the support vehicles article separately. —Michael Z. 2005-06-21 18:57 Z
Can the scope of this list be clarified, please?
Hi Wikipedians that like military vehicles! The scope of this list is not too clear to me, as declared in the first paragraph of the article. Is this list to include military vehicles used only in combat or by coutries that fought in WW2? Should it include military vehicles used by countries that didn't actually fought in the war (eg: Argentina, which declared war to Axis in March'45 but never sent troops anywhere)? What about vehicles designed during WW2 but that entered service in post-war?
Will appreciate any clarification on this ASAP, so I'll include (or not) other vehicles as necessary.
Thanks & kind regards, DPdH (talk) 04:24, 25 January 2010 (UTC)
- Hi again, I've revisited this "mega-list" after 3 years and still not clear what is the main goal of this list, and what is in/out of scope. Can anyone please help? Thanks, DPdH (talk) 14:22, 15 October 2013 (UTC)
This article would be a lot more useful if it included things like armor, main armament, secondary armament, crew, speed, engine, etc, etc. If it's asking too much of others I would be willing to do this myself, but there would be blanks in things I didn't know already. B-) (talk) 16:05, 27 July 2012 (UTC)
- The details should be in the articles for each vehicle listed, as would differ depending on the type of vehicle. Maybe if the structure were a series of tables, with break down by country and type, we could improve the list's legibility. Regards, DPdH (talk) 14:26, 15 October 2013 (UTC)
T-34 number built
The numbers of T-34s and especially of T-35-85s does not match the T-34 article table. That may be from different sources, but the difference is so large that it should be resolvable. David R. Ingham (talk) 04:57, 16 February 2013 (UTC)