Talk:List of people and animals from Thomas & Friends
|This article is written in British English, which has its own spelling conventions (colour, travelled, centre, realise, defence), and some terms used in it are different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
|Duke and Duchess was nominated for deletion. The debate was closed on 12 September 2008 with a consensus to merge. Its contents were merged into List of people and animals from Thomas & Friends. The original page is now a redirect to here. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected article, please see its history; for its talk page, see here.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Add some pictures of the people and animals, if you can. Bibliomaniac15 22:47, 18 January 2006 (UTC)
If you add a picture use this FUR.
This image is of the Thomas & Friends character: Name of Character (inclued link).
It is believed that its use in Railway engines (Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends) counts as 'Fair Use' for the reasons stated below.
- Copyright owner: HIT Entertainment plc
- Source: Thomas & Friends, season , Episode *: "Name of Episode"
- Screen capture by: <name>or<URL>
===Fair use rationale===
- The image is of low resolution
- The image does not limit the copyright owners' rights to distribute the source product in any way.
- For an article about an animated television series, images are very important for identifying individual characters and add significantly to the article.
- The image is only being used for informational purposes.
Diesel 10 04:23, 18 August 2007 (UTC)
This article appears to be primarily a list- it would be more useful if information was given on the characters named.
- Agree. I've started a Minor Characters page so many of the entries on this page can be moved there and more written about the others. Thehalford 21:48, 4 May 2006 (UTC)
This article has come a long way from where it started before recent edits... But there is still plenty of work to be done.
I can't help but think there's a *lot* of content that is, essentially, cluttering up the page. I haven't had the chance to go through it with a fine-tooth comb just yet, but I think we should consider
- A re-structure of some kind
- Moving some (more) characters to "Minor Characters" (who would appear in this article as just their name, with an anchored link to the Minor article)
Food for thought, at this stage, Will act upon it soon enough.
Gonzerelli 14:38, 26 January 2007 (UTC)
The article still features a banner suggesting a merge of this article into the main 'Railway Engines' page. Since the two pages deal with clearly separate groups (types) of characters, and both pages are already very long, I cannot see any benefit in a merge.
Any objections to removing the banner?