Talk:List of porridges
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Daily page views|
Currently there's a similar list to this article at Porridge; this would surely be better being kept in one place, with Porridge having a more prominent link to this article. —me_and 11:08, 7 November 2013 (UTC)
- Support: I see that the list is similar to the list at the Porridge list. I think it would make sense to merge. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Vinethemonkey (talk • contribs) 04:12, 8 May 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose List of articles are completely different by their nature. By merging, you are guaranteeing that all the things that would go into the list would be deleted out of the main article, resulting in less information for the reader. The main talks about the general topic, the list is a reference list for further research. Dennis Brown - 2¢ 23:49, 26 September 2015 (UTC)
- The main article can still talk about the general topic. Information that is in the Varieties list in the article not present in the List can be moved across.Ben Finn (talk) 08:26, 6 May 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose - I agree with Dennis Brown on this proposal.--DThomsen8 (talk) 12:53, 11 June 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose per the rationale of Dennis Brown. North America1000 02:59, 22 July 2017 (UTC)
- Ironic that this took a few years to resolve, but I think it is pretty clear that there is no real desire to merge the two. Lists are navigational devices as well as informational devices, so it's clear that if this were brought to an RFC, it would be overwhelmingly be kept as a stand alone list. As far as I'm concerned, the status quo is consensus if you can't muster more than 1 vote to change every 2 years. Dennis Brown - 2¢ 12:38, 22 July 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on List of porridges. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110924143804/http://www.danyang.gov.cn/lyzpd/fsmq/2009/09/0911154042712.html to http://www.danyang.gov.cn/lyzpd/fsmq/2009/09/0911154042712.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120402220059/http://xcb.tzsz.net/s/5/t/178/1c/db/info7387.htm to http://xcb.tzsz.net/s/5/t/178/1c/db/info7387.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.