Talk:List of regional airliners
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the List of regional airliners article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Aviation / Aircraft||(Rated List-class)|
I recommend doing away with the post-1978/post-1990 distinction, and the 360 knot comment, for the following reasons:
1. As far as I can tell, there was no regulatory or particular market event which makes the "post-1990" subdivision relevant, nor is any explanation given.
2. It is not clear from the article whether the "post-1978" and "post-1990" criteria refer to aircraft developed after these dates, aircraft delivered after these dates, aircraft in service after these dates, or some altogether different criterion.
3. There doesn't seem to be any rational assignment of aircraft between the "post-1978" and "post-1990" categories, some older or less modern aircraft being assigned to the later category, and newer aircraft assigned to the older category.
4. The "360 knot" comment doesn't appear to offer any important information.
- I would welcome your suggestions and improvements. Any additions and discussion about them is definitely a good thing. E_dog95' Hi ' 23:21, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
Which aircraft to include?
I've almost been having an edit war with myself over this, so let's try to build a consensus. Should the following small/medium sized jet airliners be included as "regional" airliners?