Talk:List of relocated National Basketball Association teams
|WikiProject National Basketball Association||(Rated List-class, Mid-importance)|
- Apparently they are rather adjacent to each other. Google Maps gives 20 km (12.5 mi) of distance. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:21, 3 May 2013 (UTC)
Moves within metro area
Same issue as above, with San Francisco vs. Oakland. Also have the Nets, New Jersey vs. Brooklyn. Both of those are clearly the same metro area, and the same TV market as defined by the FCC and Nielsen. (See http://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en/public%20factsheets/tv/2012-2013%20DMA%20Ranks.pdf or http://www.tvb.ca/page_files/pdf/InfoCentre/TVBasics.pdf ) The Nets move may have seemed pretty far, jumping the all the way across Manhattan, but it was only 10 miles as the crow flies. As for the Golden State Warriors you can read the whole history there, they played a few games in Oakland even before the move, like some of the old regional ABA teams used to do (Squires, Cougars), and even changed to a regional name, Golden State, when they moved to Oakland.
But Washington vs. Baltimore for the Bullets is another matter. Though only about 36 miles apart, they are different media markets. Each has a full slate of TV stations, etc.
So the existing article should be modded in some way, since the Bullets move is a footnote (I did that), the Nets move is listed normally, and the Warriors move is not mentioned at all. Need to at least flip the importance of Bullets vs. Nets.
The Bullets should be in the list, and the Warriors and Nets should be in the list or footnotes. Only problem is getting the split stats for the Bullets and Warriors.
Merger proposal with List of defunct National Basketball Association teams
I propose that List of relocated National Basketball Association teams be merged with List of defunct National Basketball Association teams into List of defunct and relocated National Basketball Association teams. I think that the content in both articles can cover the topics sufficiently. The reason for this proposal is to create an article for the National Basketball Association that is similar to (but not the same as) List of defunct and relocated National Hockey League teams. I am also proposing the template for Template:NBAdefunct be appropriately changed to the template name that is consistent with the new article name. Charlesaaronthompson (talk) 05:43, 12 September 2015 (UTC)
Since the NBA now recognizes the Charlotte Hornets/Bobcats/Hornets and New Orleans Hornets/New Orleans-Oklahoma City Hornets/New Orleans Hornets/Pelicans as two separate franchises, should they be on this list?126.96.36.199 (talk) 09:52, 16 November 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on List of relocated National Basketball Association teams. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100611035628/http://www.usabasketball.com/inside.php?page=inside to http://www.usabasketball.com/inside.php?page=inside
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/dreams%2Brekindled%2Byears%2Bafter%2BGrizzlies%2Bdemise/4315895/story.html
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/5hFHCsxCT?url=http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008030229_sonitrial02.html to http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008030229_sonitrial02.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.