Talk:List of state roads in Florida
|WikiProject U.S. Roads||(Rated List-class, High-importance)|
|WikiProject Florida||(Rated List-class)|
This list was split into four pieces, but I don't think that's optimal. As a second issue, the source for the split material wasn't stated in the edit summary that created the split lists, breaking attribution. (You technically can't just copy/paste material out of this article into a new one unless you were the editor that created all of the content being split and no one else ever edited that content.)
The better way to split and condense the content is as follows, IMHO:
- Split former SRs into a List of former State Roads in Florida.
- If a former SR was renumbered to a existing designation, remove it. SR G1A could be listed as a note in the SR 300 line to the effect of "Previously designated SR G1A". That's one less line to the tables.
- Termini can be reduced to just the cities/locations of the terminus; exact routes at the terminus can be left to the specific articles. Remember, this is a summary of all of the articles.
- If the termini are left detailed, hidden designations should be removed. If SR 8 is never signed independently, using I-10/SR 8 as a notation is overkill in this list; I-10 will do just fine.
- Another option to split/condense content is to move the A/B/C suffixed designations from the main table, either as a separate list (List of suffixed State Roads in Florida) or just not listed since they're merged into their parent articles. (If they aren't, they should be; exceptions may apply.)
I made some corrections and additions to the list, including mileage for all routes (it's sortable; shortest is SR 525 and shortest signed is SR 437). The following former routes were removed: SR A1A Alternate SR G1A SR 2A SR 4A SR A19A SR 27 SR 42 SR 74 SR 99 SR 109A SR 141 SR 14A SR 150 SR 151 SR 15B SR 15C SR 163 SR 167 SR 171 SR 213 SR 229 SR 239 SR 259 SR 263A SR 289A SR 290 SR 298A SR 365 SR 367 SR 367A SR 372 SR 372A SR 372B SR 374 SR 392 SR 394 SR 402 SR 406A SR 420 SR 426A SR 429A SR 502 SR 503 SR 505A SR 509 SR 511 SR 515 SR 516 SR 520A SR 526A SR 528A SR 529 SR 537 SR 545A SR 580A SR 582A SR 582B SR 590A SR 593 SR 600A SR 603 SR 605 SR 60A SR 611 SR 611A SR 611B SR 630 SR 632 SR 692 SR 700A SR 702 SR 703 SR 704A SR 705 SR 707A SR 712 SR 712A SR 712B SR 720 SR 721 SR 721A SR 722 SR 723 SR 724 SR 731 SR 765 SR 767 SR 76A SR 771 SR 773 SR 775 SR 777 SR 782 SR 785 SR 798 SR 809A SR 811A SR 815 SR 819 SR 824A SR 827 SR 828 SR 832 SR 833 SR 840 SR 846 SR 851 SR 854 SR 867A SR 872 SR 883 SR 888 SR 901 SR 905 SR 905A SR 906 SR 908 SR 917 SR 919 SR 929 SR 930 SR 931 SR 936 SR 939 SR 939A SR 939B SR 940 SR 941 SR 942 SR 945 SR 945A SR 954 SR 955 SR 956 SR 974 SR 4080 SR 4081 SR 5098 SR 9823
Other former routes are listed in the following:
- User:NE2/FLSR/suffixed (minus current routes)
- the final column of these lists: Template:County roads in Florida
- I've found all unsuffixed numbers except User:NE2/FLSR/missing
These should probably all be in list of former state roads in Florida, which would then be a container for more detailed articles such as list of former state roads in Florida (1-99). --NE2 05:05, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on List of state roads in Florida. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140306153400/http://www2.dot.state.fl.us/Straight-linesOnlineGIS/ to http://www2.dot.state.fl.us/Straight-linesOnlineGIS/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.