Talk:List of tallest buildings in Jacksonville
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the List of tallest buildings in Jacksonville article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
What makes a building that is only 180 ft notable? Why are the standards on other lists much higher? Eg. Miami only has buildings listed that are over 400 ft. Is this some kind of double standard here? Why can't the Miami list have all the ones over 180? It would be a very long list, but we need to be fair here! —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 03:54, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
- The height limit for each list/city is different. It all depends on how tall the buildings are in a specific city. Miami has a limit at 400 feet due to the amount of buildings. As for Jacksonville, there are not as many. That is why 180 feet is reasonable. Please see Wikipedia:WikiProject Skyscrapers/Tallest building lists#Data cutoff for more information. I am reverting your change due to those guidelines. Leitmanp (talk | contributions) 23:17, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
Number of floors in Bank of America Tower (Jacksonville)
There was some conflicting information in Wikipedia regarding the number of floors in this building:
- Bank of America Tower (Jacksonville) — article notes 42 floors, provides one citation in support
- Jacksonville, Florida — notes 42 floors, provides no citations in support
- This article, List of tallest buildings in Jacksonville — article notes 42 floors, provides no citations in support
I've found more than one additional reference verifying that the BofA Tower in Jacksonville has 42 floors. I've added one more citation to the Bank of America Tower (Jacksonville) aticle, and both citations to the Jacksonville, Florida and List of tallest buildings in Jacksonville articles.
Cheers, --Joe Sperrazza (talk) 16:05, 7 December 2008 (UTC)
- "Bank of America Tower" (HTML). SkyscraperPage.com. Retrieved 7-Dec-2008. Check date values in:
|access-date=(help); External link in
- "[[Jacksonville, Florida|Jacksonville Florida]]" (HTML). Portfolio — Current Properties. Parameter Realty Partners. Retrieved 7-Dec-2008. Check date values in:
|access-date=(help); External link in
|publisher=(help); URL–wikilink conflict (help)
I reverted this undiscussed move of the article to "List of tallest buildings in Jacksonville, Florida". As there are no similar articles for any other cities of this name it is unambiguous, so adding extra verbiage is unnecessary. The "AP convention" is for main articles, not sub-articles where no disambiguation is necessary; thus we don't need to force consistency.--Cúchullain t/c 13:45, 11 February 2013 (UTC)
Move discussion in progress
There is a move discussion in progress on Talk:List of tallest buildings in Gary which affects this page. Please participate on that page and not in this talk page section. Thank you. —RMCD bot 17:32, 13 November 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on List of tallest buildings in Jacksonville. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://archive.is/20121209024832/http://www.parmco.com/portfolio/boa_tower.html to http://www.parmco.com/portfolio/boa_tower.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.