Talk:List of youth subcultures
Could someone add a short description leading to these sections?
- Lists aren't supposed to have descriptions; just links to articles.Spylab 21:07, 13 September 2006 (UTC)Spylab
In Desperate need of Cleanup
This article buys into and encourages high school stereotypes. I will gradually go through and weed out the crappy descriptions, but would appreciate help. we can set up a home base of sorts here. 126.96.36.199 03:27, 30 January 2006 (UTC)
For the love of God, will someone remove this stereotipical nebulosys from the internet! This article tends to create a sort of a "tag" for each person based upon his exceptions or notable details.
Also I really don't understand why there needs to be any reference at all to myspace. Would it be agreeable to have those removed? --Skinnedmink 18:51, 9 August 2006 (UTC)
a lot of this stuff seems really regionally based. The connections between subcultures are often false in different locations. There's way too many descrepancies in this article.
I deleted a lot of junk that probably shouldn't be here. Many of the groups don't fit the definition of subculture, and descriptions are unnecessary on this page, since the names link to articles that describe the subcultures. I also deleted all groups that don't have a Wikipedia article, since there's no point of listing a group if it's not important enough to warrant its own article. I'll take another look later to see how this can be improved.Spylab 23:44, 26 August 2006 (UTC)Spylab
The Youth culture article had the following entries:
I guess someone must swrite articles
I would also recommend to split this list into at least two major parts: music-based and "other". The first one is especially well-defined. What are other possible categories? `'mikka (t) 18:52, 13 September 2006 (UTC)
- Trying to organize them into categories would lead to disagreements and inacccurate categorizations. The only categories should be by alphabetization. People can decide for themselves what the subculture is base on when they click on the links and read about them. Also, rebel and gangster aren't specific subcultures, although gangsta qualifies as a subculture.Spylab 19:23, 13 September 2006 (UTC)Spylab
Fandom vs. subculture
- Exactly, Juggalo I feel should be removed, as it is a fan of ICP not a subculture. Hip Hop is already there. If they are included you might as well include every band fan for maggots to the kiss army.--Gmunnywhiskers (talk) 00:08, 14 March 2008 (UTC)
Scene (Hardcore Kids)
Why were they ever removed? I am working on a new article that should be acceptable for the Wikipedian standards.
Correct formatting of Wikipedia lists
Wikipedia lists are only supposed to have a brief explanatory sentence and a list of links to other Wikipedia articles. There aren't supposed to be descriptions next to those links. People are supposed to click on those links to get more information.Spylab 11:59, 10 January 2007 (UTC)
- The references should be in the individual articles, not in this list.Spylab (talk) 22:23, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
- Regardless, alot of the entries are not sourced, either here or in the article so are unsourced OR. --neonwhite user page talk 00:44, 9 May 2008 (UTC)