Talk:London Conference of 1912–13
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the London Conference of 1912–13 article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
||It is requested that a photograph be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
Wikipedians in Europe may be able to help!
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
|It is requested that a map or maps be included in this article to improve its quality.
Wikipedians in Europe may be able to help!
Cross reference/See Also to "Partition_of_Albania"?
Should there be a cross-reference to the "Partition_of_Albania" article? It has maps scuh as those being requested here. It provides relevant context ot this article. Anthonypeterscott (talk) 22:31, 4 January 2015 (UTC)
How the treaty is regarded by parties
It order to understand the consequences of a treaty or of a historical act, it is a practice in encyclopedias to inform the readers how the parties affected by such treaties view them. The Sykes-Picot Agreement is a classical example. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sykes%E2%80%93Picot_Agreement#Consequences_of_the_agreement (Edvin (talk) 21:49, 10 January 2016 (UTC))
- That may be so, but in that case it has to be properly sourced by reliable sources. Please read WP:HISTRS. Then present your sources here in the talk page and try to create a consensus. Repeatedly inserting your version without consensus is called edit war, please read WP:EDITWAR carefully. --T*U (talk) 22:24, 10 January 2016 (UTC)
- @Edvini: You may not have noticed my last note here. I asked you to read WP:HISTRS and then present your sources here in the talk page for discussion. Instead you have again entered a new version of the same entry that has been challenged, with a source that is far away from meeting the criteria for reliable sources.
- Owen Pearson, whom you bring as a source, is not a historian and has no academic or scholarly training. According to the publisher he is a "private scholar", whatever that might be. He is a retired school teacher who is so obscure that I have not been able to find any other biography than the one presented in his three books "Albania in the Twentieth Century". He was born in 1919, but I have not even been able to find out if he is still alive. His best qualification seems to be that he was a personal friend of King Zog's secretary. Please read WP:HISTRS again, and then see if you can find any justification for using this source.
- Even if your source had been acceptable, it would still not be proper to use your formula "which is to be regarded as the greatest injustice against the Albanian nation". One reliable source could be enough to support simple historical fact like dates, places, names. But to support an exceptional claim like "the greatest injustice", you would need to show a consensus among scholars. If you should use one single source for such a claim, it would have to be formulated like "historian X has called this the grestest injustice" or "scholar Y maintains that this is the greatest injustice" or similar. I do not think "hobby historian and retired school teacher Z says that..." would quite meet the mark.
- To familiar yourself with Wikipedia procedures, you should read WP:BRD. When you have done that, I suggest that you self revert. Then you go digging for better sources and present your suggested addition and the sources here in the talk page. Then you might even get help. Wikipedia is a community project based on co-operation between editors. Edit war is the exact opposite. --T*U (talk) 15:25, 12 January 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on London Conference of 1912–13. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/query?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.albanianhistory.net%2Ftexts20_1%2FAH1913_2.html&date=2011-02-11 to http://www.albanianhistory.net/texts20_1/AH1913_2.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.