Talk:Louisdale, Nova Scotia
|WikiProject Canada / Nova Scotia / Communities||(Rated B-class, Low-importance)|
Let's see what kind of information you want about Louisdale, Nova Scotia. We put the real history with sources that can be verified that debunks the History of Louisdale letter. The letter is a total falsehood. Grandique Ferry was a mission of Aricaht by 1820. This was 30 years before they claimed Louisdale was discovered. We have the Real History of Louisdale with all these sources. If you delete it, then you just want inforamtion that is false and has no credibilty. Go to the places on the web we tell you. We wouldn't tell you to go there, if it wasn't true. There are many other things that were omitted in the History Letter, but we left that alone.
PLEASE VERIFY OUR SOURCES. DON'T DELETE TRUTH. IF YOU DELETE IT, DELETE THE HISTORY LETTER OF LOUISDALE ALSO.
184.108.40.206 13:47, 2 November 2007 (UTC) THANK YOU.
I've deleted the page twice now to eliminate copyright violations from the history. One of them was quite old. Violating copyright is not acceptanble; do not copy and paste text from elsewhere here. Remember that Wikipedia is an encyclopedia. Any content needs to be reliably sourced, written from a neutral point of view, and verifiable, not original research.
It feels like there is an external dispute that is being carried here. That is also not appropriate behavior. I've protected the page for a week because of the repeat copyright violations, but would be willing to unprotect if the disputants agree to work together to produce an encyclopedia article that complies with our policies, or if established Wikipedians are prepared to oversee the article. GRBerry 17:32, 2 November 2007 (UTC)
Solecisms in current Wikipedia content for this page
Misspellings and hypercapitalization
While I understand the rationale for deleting previous versions of this page that included copyrighted material (what seemed like a family oral history with unnecessary detail) and other versions which had been vandalized to promote a sports team, this page's current content has several spelling mistakes and strange capitalization. I suggest the following text as a reasonable replacement: Objectivesea 08:59, 4 November 2007 (UTC)
- now on article. GRBerry 03:57, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
The information currently on the page is correct according to the sources provided, but these sources are not necessarily reliable. Care should be taken to ensure that history is transposed, not created. Andrew647 02:05, 23 November 2007 (UTC)
Comments on the article
I've been asked (well, sort of) to provide some comments on this article in advance of it being submitted to WP:GAC. I don't think it's ready for GAC yet (though given the crapshoot nature of good article reviews, you might get lucky). I'm not sure how much more information there is generally available, though I'm sure that if you went to a library in the area you'd be able to find some kind of local history book(s) that would have something (I'm not sure where you're located; if it's reflected in your username, that would indeed be a bit of a hike, but if you stay home you can say hello to my brother). I think there'd probably be room to expand the history section, and I'd also want to know something about its incorporation status/government, if any. There are also a few things that aren't clear to me even as a Canadian (what's a "P–4 school"?). As well, the sentence about Richmond's population density seems irrelevant to Louisdale specifically. Finally, the prose needs some work, and the lead should be rewritten to better reflect the article's content. I hope this was helpful, Steve Smith (talk) (formerly Sarcasticidealist) 22:25, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
- That is helpful, thanks. It's possible a library there may have further local history information; online and academic database content is limited. You're right though, it would be a bit of a hike. There's definite room to expand the education section with performance rankings, and to clarify it. That's something to work on. I think the bit about Richmond's pop. density & size was to give an idea of Louisdale's size compared with the county as a whole. As it is, it's not done effectively. I agree with you on the prose, and the lead massaging. Thanks again. –Whitehorse1 19:40, 12 August 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Louisdale, Nova Scotia. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110609113442/http://www.oqlf.gouv.qc.ca/ressources/bibliotheque/officialisation/terminologique/fiches/1199618.html to http://www.oqlf.gouv.qc.ca/ressources/bibliotheque/officialisation/terminologique/fiches/1199618.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110901172411/http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/pdf/maps/map_of_nova_scotia.pdf to http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/pdf/maps/map_of_nova_scotia.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.