Talk:Lump hammer

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

All the varieties of hammer need to be brought togetyher and defgined at Hammer. When discussions of each get awkwardly long, break them away as individual entries. Otherwise they'll be lost to Wikipedia as dictionary definitions. --Wetman 23:46, 2 September 2005 (UTC)

Lump Hammer / Club Hammer[edit]

Does anyone know where the two names are typically used? I'm in the UK, and have only really heard it called a club hammer.

One interesting thing to note is that "Club Hammer" gets considerably more results on Google than "Lump Hammer" - while I don't necessarily suggest a name change on the article, is club hammer seen as the more common term? -- (talk) 16:35, 21 August 2011 (UTC)

I think it should be renamed to "Club hammer" because it is more commonly used than "Lump hammer". It also seems to be a more proper term for this tool simply because it is like a club. Volcanoguy 20:07, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
"Club hammer" is an uncommon US name, but more commonly it's just a sledgehammer. Mangoe (talk) 16:41, 23 December 2013 (UTC)