|WikiProject Florida||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
Tracking individual buses?
On one hand, it's nice to have an article edited by someone who knows what s/he is talking about. On the other, we seem to be tracking (inventorying) individual buses. This seems a bit much. Think NYC!
I would rather see the material moved to a non-Wikipedia source and a pointer/link made to it. TMI. Just a bus count by size should do it. Or maybe not even by size. Student7 (talk) 22:03, 20 November 2012 (UTC)
Just to throw this out I personally saw 804 twice today. It went out of service after doing it's run on the Link 204 route and it went out of service again after it's run on the Link 103. The bus looked fine from what I saw as I didn't notice anything odd about it. DJ MC CJ (talk) 00:13, 28 November 2012 (UTC)
I have for now removed:
A 2013 grand jury investigation into the Authority, found a "culture of corruption," involving gifts and campaign donations. The Authority was criticized for firing the Director who was attempting to stop this corruption, replacing him with a legislator with no experience of running a toll operation. The job paid over $175,000 annually.
It was removed several times with the suggestion that it was not correct, and if I do a quick scan of the references, I could not really find the, apparent, quote "culture of corruption" in any of the two references nor Lynx or the 175.000 mentioned there. Section does not seem to be covered by these references at all. --Dirk Beetstra T C 12:36, 27 January 2014 (UTC)
It has nothing to do with LYNX since they have no part in the Expressway Authority so it has no reason to be on the page — Preceding unsigned comment added by Djnlynx (talk • contribs) 01:41, 28 January 2014 (UTC)
I don't follow your statement "this article is about Lynx, not about LYNX." What do you mean by that exactly? Djnlynx (talk) 14:33, 29 January 2014 (UTC)DJNLYNXDjnlynx (talk) 14:33, 29 January 2014 (UTC)
- There are all sorts of transport-related outfits called Lynx or LYNX, see Lynx (disambiguation). The first article referenced, http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20140115/OPINION/301150004/?nclick_check=1 , certainly mentions both "culture of corruption" and "$175,000, but in connection with Orlando–Orange County Expressway Authority. Thincat (talk) 14:08, 29 January 2014 (UTC)
Route information in page
It is my view that WP:NOT applies to this route infromation on this page, specificaly WP:NOTDIRECTORY and WP:NOTGUIDE. The route information is not WP:NOTABLE and has not place on this page. Claiming "other wikipedia pages are like this" is not an argument as it is likly that those pages are too in violation of these policies. Please point to policies that support the route information on this page being notable, and not in violation of WP:NOT or gain WP:CONSENSUS that it should stay on other grounds (WP:IAR?). It also needs citations from WP:THIRDPARTY sources. CombatWombat42 (talk) 16:17, 7 February 2014 (UTC)
- I wouldn't want to argue the material you removed was violating any policy. I do, however, think it was completely unsuitable editorially and I support what you have done and the way you have consulted here. Thincat (talk) 17:19, 14 February 2014 (UTC)
Since I don't have the time, I'll say this. Two things could happen. One, we could leave the information as is, or two, the information can be removed and the Lynx page stays dull, plain, and completely lacking any information other that what's already on there.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Lynx (Orlando). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.golynx.com/about-lynx/what-we-are-working-on/bus-shelter.stml
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
- Tracy, Dan (2013-12-28). "Orlando Expressway Authority in turmoil, faces uncertain future". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved 2014-01-18.