Talk:MNM (professional wrestling)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the MNM (professional wrestling) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|MNM (professional wrestling) has been listed as one of the Sports and recreation good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|MNM (professional wrestling) is the main article in the MNM series, a good topic. This is identified as among the best series of articles produced by the Wikipedia community. If you can update or improve it, please do so.|
|Current status: Good article|
|WikiProject Professional wrestling||(Rated GA-class, Mid-importance)|
Requested move 1
Per this comment, I've restored this article to the title it had as of the last RM, MNM (wrestling). The move was not discussed, and as it's now been challenged, I've put it back pending another discussion. For what it's worth, "(wrestling)" looks like it's much clearer and more recognizable than "(stable)".--Cúchullain t/c 14:44, 3 September 2013 (UTC)
- Totally agree, stable should be avoided as the disambiguator in such cases, as it's an esoteric meaning and so unknown to most readers. Andrewa (talk) 15:33, 5 September 2013 (UTC)
Similarly, I've reverted a move to MNM (professional wrestling), which was apparently listed as an uncontroversial move at RM. This has been moved around enough; let's put it to the community as was done in the previous RM.--Cúchullain t/c 16:52, 6 September 2013 (UTC)
- Good revert, as this was not a candidate for a technical move... If any of the following apply to the desired move, treat it as potentially controversial:... There has been any past debate about the best title for the page... ... Can't get clearer than that, can we? I'm a bit disappointed that the admin concerned performed it, they are normally more careful than that. But we are all human.
- The rationale does raise an interesting point... All other articles on professional wrestling stables use the disambiguator "professional wrestling" instead of just "wrestling" as anyone can see by browsing through the professional wrestling teams and stables categories . I've checked Category:Independent promotions teams and stables and the claim seems to be true there at least, although the first few affected articles were all teams not stables. Now two wrongs don't make a right, and professional here seems overly precise to me. But an RM may be a good idea. Perhaps all of these other articles should be moved instead. Andrewa (talk) 11:43, 7 September 2013 (UTC)
Requested move 2
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on MNM (professional wrestling). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20141021131856/http://www.wwe.com/classics/wherearetheynow/where-are-they-now-joey-mercury-26309214/page-2 to http://www.wwe.com/classics/wherearetheynow/where-are-they-now-joey-mercury-26309214/page-2
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110405184334/http://www.ovwrestling.com/titles to http://www.ovwrestling.com/titles
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071124052854/http://www.wwe.com/shows/armageddon/history/2006/exclusives/38575801 to http://www.wwe.com/shows/armageddon/history/2006/exclusives/38575801
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080219183910/http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/wwetag/329952 to http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/wwetag/329952
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.