Talk:Estonian Land Forces
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Estonian Land Forces article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- Bad English.
- Inline external links. These need to go to "External links" section.
- Wikilinks used as external links, quite often circularly - ie. linked Maavägi as Estonian Army
- The status of photos is questionable, I don't think they are self-made/PD
- Small images in front of the headlines need to go
- Too many images overall, not needed, can be put into Commons. Looks like children's encyclopedia right now.
- No inline references
- Too many single-sentence sections. These (ie. such as Ceremonial sword, Ceremonial rifle etc) would be better presented as a wikitable.
-- Sander Säde 08:48, 3 October 2007 (UTC)
Re: Article issues
- Bad english - few grammar mistakes doesnt mean that its completely wrong and crap..? Its still under construction..95% of the text have been copied and pasted from the Estonian defence Forces official webpage - bad english is little bit too roughly said to valuate the page :S
- Small images in front of the headlines need to go - No other military of.. has such thing. I think it should-could be a standard - make it more interesting and its also unique here..The small icons is one of the reasons I began to make this page overall - so it would differ and be special..
- Images belong to the armed forces of Estonia but I ahve edited them -t herefore the images are not the same, they ahe been cut and resized more than 50% of their original size.
- Too many images overall, not needed, can be put into Commons. Images illustarte the arm types - cathces the eye when a visitor is watching the page..
- No inline references - working on it..
- Too many single-sentence sections. These (ie. such as Ceremonial sword, Ceremonial rifle etc) would be better presented as a wikitable - explaining the the type of arm or status, very simple and easy to understand for the wathcer..
-- User:Karabinier 15:19, 3 October 2007 (UTC)
- Copyright, copyright, copyright :S. I appreciate the expansion of the web page, but when you say you have copied 95% of the text then a warning light starts flashing, also cropping images doesn't give the cropper copyright over the image. I don't know what the Estonian copyright law states so I leave it for now. --MoRsE (talk) 14:55, 30 December 2007 (UTC)
"Estonian sniper with the main sniper rifle Sako TRG-42"
The rifle in the picture is clearly not a TRG-42. It appears to be an M14 (or some variation there of).
The picture either needs to be removed or recaptioned. As I am somewhat new to this stuff, I would appreciate advice on which to do. (It is a nice picture, though) Rmnguy 01:47, 20 October 2007 (UTC)
Someone had added "Estonian Guerilla War", "Battle of Narva" "Vistula-Oder Offensive" , under "Batlle Hounors". It has happened here before. Last two of them were part of World War 2 and were fought between German and Soviet armies. They don't fit here. First one is a partisan activety which was not linked to Estonian Army. Also this is the first time I've seen someone call it a war. So this needs a reference.
Instead of them someone ought to mention Gulf War II, where Estonian Army still has troops under American command and Afganistan war, where Estonian Army serves as a part of ISAF.
Fighter jets and Abrams tanks on equipment page
Those things have obviously no place being there. Do they belong to EDF? Nope. Get rid of them. This is not an article about NATO military equipment stationed in Estonia. Ain't got the time right now to get into this wiki editing thing, lest I break it.126.96.36.199 (talk) 13:08, 2 July 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Estonian Land Forces. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://news.err.ee/605648/75-million-tender-announced-for-new-automatic-firearms
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.janes.com/article/72048/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100719040951/http://mod.gov.ee/?op=body&id=560 to http://mod.gov.ee/?op=body&id=560
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.