Talk:Mad Max (franchise)
|WikiProject Film||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Science Fiction||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
Fury Road Link
I couldn't help but notice that link for Mad Max 4: Fury Road that just sends you to this page. It's very irrelevant and annoying.
Mad Max Universe
All of the movies show a similar resemblance a Wild West world, bandits trying to take supplies and gas by robbing other vehicles and duel gunfights, in Australia, it almost looks as if the director possibly took the ideas from Gunsmoke --188.8.131.52 (talk) 15:50, 31 August 2012 (UTC).
Bruce Spence plays the same charcter in MM2 and MMBT
Can anyone prove otherwise? The credits just address him in different ways. This happens sometimes from one film to another in franchises.
- I always thought it was left deliberately ambiguous whether he was supposed to be the same guy or not.--Leigh Burne (talk) 08:09, 11 May 2015 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure George Miller has said that he's definitely a different character. It's certainly widely accepted in fandom that the are not the same. Note that the narration at the end of MM2 notes that the Gyrocaptain went on to become the leader of the Great Northern Tribe. This doesn't fit well with him showing up as a single parent in MMBT. --.../NemoThorx (talk • Contributions) 23:01, 21 July 2015 (UTC)
- Correct; the Feral Kid becomes the Chief of The Great Northern Tribe, not the gyro captain. Note also that Max knows that Spence's character has a plane -- but how could he know that, when, at the beginning of MMBT when Max is knocked off his camel rig by the flying assailant, he is never close enough to see who did it? OTOH, Spence's teeth are not as horrible in MMBT as they were in MM2/Road Warrior. So, Miller's released edit is therefore a "goof" either way, whether they're the same or different characters.--Froglich (talk) 09:24, 19 September 2015 (UTC)
I've made an edit that may be be considered controversial, but I thought I'd be bold... The cast table in this article, with so much empty space and only the one cell that spans more than a single column or row, seems relatively pointless - the only returning character is Max, and the returning actors (in different roles) are already mentioned in prose. I've therefore removed the table. I did not convert the entire table into a list of characters for each film, since those are adequately covered in each film's article, and no character other than Max seemed significant enough to warrant mentioning at a franchise level. Frankly, I think the "crew" table should also be removed, but at least that table has much less empty space and more overlap between films. --Fru1tbat (talk) 16:13, 18 May 2015 (UTC)
- I support your edit. A table is unnecessary when the films only have one common character. Betty Logan (talk) 16:29, 18 May 2015 (UTC)
Requested move 26 December 2015
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Mad Max (franchise). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140209075310/http://film.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/967/AA4_Aust_Box_office_report.pdf to http://www.film.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/967/AA4_Aust_Box_office_report.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.