|This is not a forum for general discussion about MafiaBoy. Any such comments may be removed or refactored. Please limit discussion to improvement of this article. You may wish to ask factual questions about MafiaBoy at the Reference desk, discuss relevant Wikipedia policy at the Village pump, or ask for help at the Help desk.|
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Hello Writer, Do u have any update that where is Mafia boy now ? What he is doing in software field ?--Arindam Mukherjee 09:08, 29 May 2012 (UTC) it is very internitive to let you go and ruin all websites.BUt come to think of it, doing all that when you was only 6 yrs of age.that is very splendid.
This article is garbage
Honestly, it's all wrong. I've read the book and it says nothing about him writing "several well known applications", and you've got no proof for that claim. I also had to change the claim that a "rival group stole his virus", which was also utter garbage. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 10:51, 19 November 2010 (UTC)
I agree. I deleted the well known applications bit, as that's certainly untrue in any sense; if he had written any applications whatsoever (which has not ever been established), they were certainly not widely known. Equally unverifiable is the garbage about his having compromised many computers, etc. I left the rest of that "Project Rivolta" bit there, though I tasted bile doing so. :) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 01:33, 29 December 2010 (UTC) it's all a lie , but what would happen if the children would have to read this from the guy who even wrote the book.Even if it's about hacking,I'm well into it.
This article sucks, this guy is still around, I talked to him the other day, but I'm not sure if any of this information at all is verifiable? Anyone know what we can do to make this article worthwhile, if not I consider it a vanity article and think it should be removed. JavaDog 02:13, 14 February 2007 (UTC)
- I believe it has genuine encyclopedic value but I agree the article needs serious cleanup. The boy earned a legit footnote in history thanks to all the pundit analyses written back then and the many lecturers who continue to this day to cite it as one of the most historic computer security incidents of that year. I'll don my WP:NPOV hat so we can begin the cleanup process. Rob Rosenberger 16:22, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
- I just saw an episode of a cyber-crime related TV show on the Discovery channel detailing MafiaBoy's attacks and the investigation by the RCMP into his attacks. I don't know about you guys, but I would consider being featured in a one-hour Discovery channel TV episode to mean one has encyclopedic value! --18.104.22.168 19:11, 23 July 2007 (UTC)
Yesterday, anonymous user 22.214.171.124 near Sydney, Australia inserted a sentence that names MafiaBoy. The new sentence (1) duplicates the sentence after it, (2) takes over the citations from the previous sentence, (3) misspells the person's last name, and (4) fails to carry a period at the end. I see no reason to undo the revision but I will be bold and delete it. Rob Rosenberger (talk) 00:10, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
New information oct 6th 2008
- First issue: I don't consider it noteworthy in a BLP that MafiaBoy appeared on television simply to discuss his noteworthiness. Does anyone else agree the last paragraph contains trivia? Second issue: if this BLP should note the fact he authored a book on his crime, his status as an author should appear in the first paragraph. Does anyone else agree we should deal with this? Rob Rosenberger (talk) 04:07, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
12 Feb 09 edit by Hobo25
Hobo25 added this bit below the "References" section: "It took authorities 3 months to find Mafiaboy. They arrived at his house one night while he was away at a friends. The officials called the friends house and request that he come to the corner of the block so that they could arrest him." I elected to be bold and pulled it out for three reasons. First: it's unreferenced heresay. Second: even if true, this detail adds nothing to the article (though of course I might sway to a good edit with a strong reference). Third: Hobo25 has a short history of (shall we say) counterproductive edits. This particular edit didn't strike me as vandalism, so I didn't rv it. Rob Rosenberger (talk) 03:51, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on MafiaBoy. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081212101629/http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/videos.html?id=882780325 to http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/videos.html?id=882780325
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090601230019/http://yyztech.ca/reviews/book/mafiaboy-how-cracked-internet-why-still-broken to http://www.yyztech.ca/reviews/book/mafiaboy-how-cracked-internet-why-still-broken
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.