Talk:Malaysian National Space Agency
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Malaysian National Space Agency article.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I put in the section "criticism". The reception of this manned space program is not universally acclaimed by Malaysians. It appears that the Russians have literally taken us for a ride... so to speak.--Epanterias amplexus 09:39, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
- Well, as a Malaysian I have to agree with you. Honestly, I dont think the cost just to send one astronaut into space is too overwhelming and a heavy burden. No, it isnt. Most of my fellow Malaysian feels proud when the Prime Minister announce that out country will begin to explore the space. And beside, I think the cost of USD 26 million is nothing... --Ryan_darknight 11:46, March 24 2007
- But seriously.. painting batik? Tabletop? Come on. Surely there is something better(or cooler) to do in space. The "We are cultural" attitude is getting on my nerves. 22.214.171.124 20:10, 6 April 2007 (UTC)
- What is your point in putting in a criticism section? The criticism on the NASA page isn't about wasting money, it's about no shuttle replacements, ISS delays and alcohol use. We can always find critics for anything. If you must, please provide constructive criticism. Taka2007 18:21, 10 October 2007 (UTC)
"Criticism" section re-inserted.
I've readded the "Criticism" section by Epanterias amplexus. The arguments put forth are valid and justifiable at least on these grounds:
1. It is a fact that not every Malaysian man-on-the-street approves of the so-called space programme.
2. Citations were also given.
As such I have also removed the POV template.
A nice day to you all.
Astronautic Technology (M) Sdn. Bhd.
How is "Astronautic Technology (M) Sdn. Bhd." related to the Malaysian National Space Agency? Are these two parts of the same effort, or are there two different space programmes in Malaysia? (Sdsds - Talk) 07:36, 27 April 2007 (UTC)
- I think they are the Malaysian Government arm for making satellites etc. They are a Government Linked Company and owned by either Khazanah or MoF Incorporated.
Edit Grammar and Angkasawan Program
Somebody really should go through the article and repair the grammatical errors. The article is terrible. I've done some quick edits on the introduction part and also the Angkasawan Program section. I will certainly visit this article again later. Also should the Muslims in Space section be included at all? I think it's not relevant to the article. —Preceding unsigned comment added by TonyKhoo2020 (talk • contribs) 05:41, 20 January 2009 (UTC)
Restructuring into a good article
I am starting to feel that this article needs to be reworked to meet the requirements for a good article on Malaysia topic on space exploration. This article has since been messy, and I'd like to help. Take a look at these articles for reference: NASA, ESA, JAXA and Roscosmos. Starkiller88 (talk) 11:19, 24 May 2012 (UTC)