|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Maleficent (film) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is written in American English (labor, traveled, realize, defense), and some terms used in it may be different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot I. Any threads with no replies in 3 months may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
Undue weight given to positive reviews in critical reception section
From RT and Metacritic, the film has roughly a 50% score. However, our critical review section has essentially nothing but positive reviews. Even Staskiewicz's review, which is written as a apparent counterpoint(it's lead by "On the contrary") to Taylor's glowing one, is actually a generally positive review, with a B- from Staskiewicz. The 3rd paragraph of the section does not even pretend to contain negative reviews, and the entire section is grossly weighted with positive ones - coming up far short of a 50/50 ratio. Going to tag for NPOV and will propose a more trim and balanced version up at a later date. Cannolis (talk) 10:20, 11 July 2015 (UTC)
I notice no particular mention of how some people disliked it especially for so completely rewriting the plot and changing the characters of a well-loved classic. I've seen plenty of people comment to that effect and think I've seen professional reviews with the same point of view. Not only did it make an evil character just nice and misunderstood, it also made effective and brave characters ineffectual (fairies, prince) and made some good characters evil etc Orlando098 (talk) 11:55, 13 September 2015 (UTC)
Does this section make sense to anyone? I think it needs to be reworded.
"Meanwhile in the castle, King Stefan, mad and blinded by his paranoia about killing Maleficent, King Stefan sits in his castle to speak with clipped wings Maleficent, and even refuses to see his own wife, Queen Leila, Aurora's mother, who is dying on his deathbed, by the concern's own paranoia of her own husband, King Stefan, and their desire to want to kill Maleficent."
- Thank you for pointing that out. Hopefully it makes more sense now after this edit by Crboyer. -- Chamith (talk) 19:12, 3 November 2015 (UTC)
I am editing the budget to reflect the amount that was actually spent on the production, which was made in the UK on a budget of £ 167,277,249. This information is also contained in the actual filings for the production company, but they are summarized in the Forbes Contributor article. The credibility of the contributor has been established and this particular article has been deemed a reliable source in the RSNB. For the dollar amount, I used the historical exchange rate calculator at the Measuringworth site, which was 1.57. Depauldem (talk) 04:44, 10 April 2016 (UTC)
- This editor has been using his interpretation of budgets on several other pages, including at least four talk pages, where other editors have not reached a consensus. I ask him not to edit-war, for which he has been warned multiple times, and wait until his issues are resolved — which would have been a lot less time-consuming and confusing he had stuck with one talk page instead of four in an apparent effort to tire other editors out. --Tenebrae (talk) 16:17, 10 April 2016 (UTC)
- User:Chrisw80 and again. Tenebrae is doing it again here. Ditto Ant-Man and other places. I made my edit, added a note on the talk page and he comes along to revert saying that because he disagrees with me, that's grounds for reverting. Are you kidding me?? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Depauldem (talk • contribs) 17:16, 10 April 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 6 external links on Maleficent (film). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20160620090444/http://www.filmla.com/download.php?file=uploads%2F2014_FeatureFilm_study_v9_WEB_1461970852&type=pdf to http://filmla.com/download.php?file=uploads%2F2014_FeatureFilm_study_v9_WEB_1461970852&type=pdf
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.wdsmediafile.com/media/maleficent/writen-material/maleficent5375639426893.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140602200240/http://www.boxoffice.com/news/2014-06-01-global-maleficent-edges-out-x-men-for-box-office-crown-with-1006m-day-and-date-debut-overseas to http://www.boxoffice.com/news/2014-06-01-global-maleficent-edges-out-x-men-for-box-office-crown-with-1006m-day-and-date-debut-overseas
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140616025204/http://www.boxoffice.com/news/2014-06-08-global-edge-of-tomorrow-leads-the-overseas-box-office-reaches-1401m-global-cume-following-north-american-release to http://www.boxoffice.com/news/2014-06-08-global-edge-of-tomorrow-leads-the-overseas-box-office-reaches-1401m-global-cume-following-north-american-release
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140620032227/http://www.boxoffice.com/news/2014-06-15-overseas-box-office-update-6-15-2014 to http://www.boxoffice.com/news/2014-06-15-overseas-box-office-update-6-15-2014
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150206042837/http://phoenixfilmcriticssociety.org/2014-award-nominations/ to http://phoenixfilmcriticssociety.org/2014-award-nominations/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
I removed Coming-of-age categories. The movie is described in the intro as an American dark fantasy film, no more. It is not Coming-of-age story and no references call it that. That category is WP:NOTDEFINING for this movie and as such does not belong. Justification for adding it was WP:OR personal opinions not backed up with explicit well-referenced descriptions as that as a genre. Geraldo Perez (talk) 23:56, 1 July 2017 (UTC)