|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I understand that there were many Maltese, expelled from Egypt during the Suez crisis because they held British passports, who first went to the UK and then migrated to Australia. But, as far as I know, most Maltese in Tunisia and Algeria when similarly expelled from these countries emigrated to France, most of them settling in Marseille.
- My edits keep being removed. First, the article cited says:
- After the Suez events of 1956 Members of the Maltese Communities of French North Africa were dispersed all around France while most of the Maltese from Egypt established themselves around London to restart their lives in a new environment from scratch.
- Second, I can't understand why the link to the wikipedia article on the Suez crisis keeps being removed.
The comment(s) below were originally left at several discussions in past years, these subpages are now deprecated. The comments may be irrelevant or outdated; if so, please feel free to remove this section., and are posted here for posterity. Following
|As per Wikipedia:WikiProject Demographics of Australia/Booian Australian importance more than 100,000 Australian residents declared their ancestry on the 2006 Australian census as being Maltese hence this article's rating as Demographics-importance = high--Matilda talk 00:41, 3 June 2008 (UTC)|
Substituted at 18:29, 17 July 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Maltese Australians. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090828103107/http://www.aboutmalta.com/grazio/austmalt.html to http://www.aboutmalta.com/grazio/austmalt.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.