|WikiProject Musical Theatre||(Rated Start-class)|
I took the list from the Internet Broadway database for the 1966 production. There are variations, for example, the title of Man in the Moon, or the very last song listed --Open a New Window (Reprise)-- between what is shown on IBDB and the previous editor's edits. I don't know how to resolve them. Are there other sources?
(I found this ebook, which at least lists the names of the songs, and I think verifies that the Moon song is "The Man in the Moon", but the finale where I think the reprises are heard is not listed. http://www.ebooksubscriptions.com/Home/html/moreinfo.asp?etailerid=19&bookId=536909395 )
Note: "Loving You" was written for the movie, I don't know if it's ever sung in stage revivals. (It wasn't at the Kennedy Center Mame in 2006.) JeanColumbia 20:50, 16 June 2007 (UTC)
- I'll answer my own question. The title for the Moon song is listed as "The Man in the Moon", in the book "Jerry Herman: The Lyrics, A Celebration", by Jerry Herman and Ken Bloom, published in 2003 by Routledge, Copyright by Taylor and Francis Books, Inc, ISBN: 0-415-96768-6, page 75. I think that satisfies the reference and the correct title. JeanColumbia 00:08, 19 June 2007 (UTC)
I recently watched the movie and Mame is clearly taking her grandson to Siberia NOT India.
- Good catch, unsigned --it seems as though the film was changed from the stage. In the movie, they go to Siberia, I'll take your word for it (haven't seen it in a while.) They go to India on the stage. I saw the Kennedy Center production in 2006, and that is where they were going. Also, so as not to have Original Research be my only reference, this reference shows India : http://www.nodanw.com/shows_m/mame.htm. JeanColumbia 11:39, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
- Actually, in the 1958 movie with Rosalind Russel, she sent her telegram from Punjab, India, and her flight from New York is to Karachi, present-day Pakistan. Since the last scene takes place in 1946 (according to the date of the telegram), this is before the partition of India, so Karachi is still in India. YggdrasilsRoot (talk) 00:30, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
I can't believe editing good-useful information is vandelism. I put the scenes in for mame and Jean someone told me to stop vandelising. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 20:39, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
Basis in 1958 Film?
According to the Mame (film) page as of 21 May 2014, the musical was based in part on the 1958 film. Is there any evidence to support or to refute this claim? — Preceding unsigned comment added by AndersJohnson (talk • contribs) 00:33, 9 July 2015 (UTC)
- Interesting point. In the quote I have added today, from Stephen Citron's book, he specifcally cites the play as inspiring the musical version. I'm not inclined to change the text in the background right now, because there may be other parts of the musical that are "based upon" the film that are simply not referenced as yet. Flami72 (talk) 14:46, 10 January 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Mame (musical). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140222011638/http://www.ohioana.org/collection/featured/authors/mame.asp to http://www.ohioana.org/collection/featured/authors/mame.asp
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070930184536/http://www.playbill.com/news/article/100555.html to http://www.playbill.com/news/article/100555.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.