Talk:Mapping of quantitative trait loci
|WikiProject Evolutionary biology||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
I have made a separate page for the mapping techniques because the original article on Quantitative Trait Loci lacks information about these. Eventually, I propose merging that section with this page. This page will provide comprehensive information on how QTLs are mapped on the genome. Some of the topics can be found on the todo list, while others will be posted here
Topics that need to be discussed
1) What populations should be used for QTL Mapping? Examples with references
2) Issues that need to be dealt with, for eg:
-- How many markers?
-- How many crosses/parents?
-- Selection bias
3) Single QTL Mapping - ANOVA and Interval mapping
4) Methods to estimate multiple QTLs
5) Applications with concrete examples from different organisms (plants/animals/humans)
6) From mapping to candidate genes
since it now has been merged, I redirected to Quantitative trait locus to preserve the edit history, as required.