Talk:Marcelo Garcia (grappler)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Marcelo Garcia (grappler) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
This article is currently too "gushy"
Please read WP:NPOV and WP:MoS which will show how to write with a Neutral Point of View. I appreicate that this is still a stub, but articles need to be neutral and not adore their subjects too evidently. If you need any further guidance, please leave a message on my talk page. Cheers. — Estarriol talk 18:30, 12 June 2006 (UTC)
I added the info about ADCC 2007. Not familiar too much with wikipedia. -Peter, May 6 2007 Source: http://www.onthemat.com/articles/ADCC_Quick_Results_05_04_2007.html
I (while not logged in) tried to take the gushiness out, even though he is awesome, and added some citation links. Also not too familiar with Wikipedia. -Robert, July 24, 2007
Added an awesome fight record chart. Will merge unverified fights into it as they are verified.-Robert, August 2, 2007.
Why the rename?
Marcelo Garcia has afaik never competed or trained in wrestling in his life. His coach is Fabio Gurgel... pure BJJ. If anything it should read "(grappling)" or "(jiu-jitsu)". Rename? FlowWTG 22:16, 14 October 2007 (UTC)
- I have changed the page title to "Marcelo Garcia (grappler)", which I believe accurately reflects the consensus here. (I have also added some more results from his Brazilian Jiu-jitsu tournament wins.) -- Tim314 (talk) 00:14, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
Adding a column in the fight record chart to indicate if the match was in a Gi or No-Gi. Also changing it to "Grappling Match Record." Some fighters take umbrage at jiu-jitsu/grappling matches being called "fights."Thingamarob (talk) 14:29, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
- I might as well take this opportunity to say that I'm not sure attempting to list all his grappling bouts is such a good idea in the first place. There's far to many of them, and the list will never be complete as I'm sure he's participated in hundreds of smaller tournaments (NAGA/Grappler's Quest etc). I'd instead much rather see a listing of his placement in the major tournament as well as some expansion and cleanup of the prose (where one can write about who he defeated on his way to championships and about notable matches etc). --aktsu (t / c) 14:44, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
Year of birth
Although Marcelo Garcia is one of the most famous of grapplers, I cannot even verify his year of birth. It was changed from 1982 to 1983. Which of them is the true year of birth?--Razionale (talk) 15:14, 12 April 2013 (UTC) At least the day of birth can be confirmed .--Razionale (talk) 15:16, 12 April 2013 (UTC)
MMA Record is wrong
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Marcelo Garcia (grappler). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080919103911/http://ibjjf.org/results/2004mundial.htm to http://www.ibjjf.org/results/2004mundial.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090803114126/http://www.ibjjf.org/results/2006mundial.htm to http://www.ibjjf.org/results/2006mundial.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.