|WikiProject Days of the year|
|This page was nominated for deletion on 12 November 2008. The result of the discussion was keep.|
Selected anniversaries for the "On this day" section of the Main Page
|Please read the selected anniversaries guidelines before editing this box.|
Removed this entry:
General Motors - Pontiac observation
There does not appear to be any truth or relevence for the entry:
Please provide any support for this statement here, rather than on the main page.
Nigosh 01:27, 18 February 2006 (UTC)
AAA day is on december 9th according to this page, any further info?
220.127.116.11 14:17:16, 16 March 2007 (EST)
DJIA Point Changes
Regarding your blanket reversion of my additions to dates of record point changes in the DJIA with the comment "Regarding your comment that "Not every zig-zag of a single national stock exchange is worth noting," and, "Actually, it is (London, Tokyo, Paris?) and none of these are historic, merely transitory," I find your arguments to be disingenuous for the following reasons:
- This is the English Language Wikipedia. A serious argument can be made that the Dow Jones Industrial Average is the single most monitored stock index in the world, not just in the English language, and it is therefore specious to maintain that it is just "a single national stock exchange".
- The entries I've made were for days in which the DJIA had achieved a record point change. These records are set only very infrequently. It's not that the market hit a record high; that kind of information becomes non-notable usually after a short period of time. These weren't just ordinary "zig-zags". These were days of large consequence to the world of corporate finance.
- Prior to my additions, there were existing precedences for inclusion of the same kind of material, including September 29, October 19, October 27, and October 13. Arbitrary inclusion of some of these and not others seems non-encyclopedic.
- Just because these dates are not memorable for you now does not mean that they were not notable at the time.
- Your actions are of someone who thinks they WP:OWN these articles. If you disagree with the change, it is more proper to talk about them prior to their removal unless the content addition blatantly doesn't belong.
— X S G 10:03, 21 November 2008 (UTC)
- Since this issue is affecting multiple articles, for now the conversation is at User talk:XSG. — X S G 10:58, 21 November 2008 (UTC)
Robby (Kim Possible) is a fictional character born on March 16 but there is no year given, is there anywhere to list fictional characters like this or people of unspecified birth years? Tyciol (talk) 18:19, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
Benito Juarez's birthday
Today (16 March 2015) is a statutory holiday in Mexico, celebrating the birthday of Benito Juarez; it is observed in Mexico on the third Monday of March. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs)
- If the observation is not a fixed day, it should be listed in the month page. I added it to March page. Staszek Lem (talk) 23:47, 16 March 2015 (UTC)
It says here he died 15 March not 16 March http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/19/AR2008031903469.html — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 11:39, 18 April 2012 (UTC)