|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
This is only the second article I have created, if you see something that I've done wrong, please let me know, as I want to learn. Terri G 11:57, 30 August 2006 (UTC)
Papers and books
Fountaine, Margaret Elizabeth [1862- 1940]
- 1911a. Remarkable aberration of Terias elathea. Entomologist 44(575): 153-154 (April) [Jamaica]
- 1911b. Note on the roosting habits of Heliconius charitonia. Entomologist 44(583): 403-404 (December) [Jamaica]
- 1913. Five month's butterfly collecting in Costa Rica in the summer of 1911. Entomologist 46(601): 189-195 (June), (602): 214-219 (July) [general]
- 1980. Love among the butterflies. The travels and adventures of a Victorian lady. Boston, Little, Brown and Company. 224 pp., pls., figs. [Spanish translation, 1999] [general]
- 1986. Butterflies and late loves. The further travels and adventures of a Victorian lady. London, Collins. 141 pp., frontisp. [general; Neotropics] —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 17:00, 6 December 2008 (UTC)
Works by Fountaine, Margret Elizabeth
- Fountaine, M. E. 1897. Notes on the butterflies of Sicily. Entomologist 30: 4-11.
- Fountaine, M. E. 1898. Two seasons among the butterflies of Hungary and Austria. Entomologist 31: 281-289.
- Fountaine, M. E. 1902. Butterfly hunting in Greece in the year 1900. Entomologist’s Record and Journal of Variation 14: 29-35, 54-57.
- Fountaine, M. E. 1902. A few notes on some of the butterflies of Syria and Palestine. Entomologist 35: 60-63, 97-101.
- Fountaine, M. E. 1904. A “Butterfly Summer” in Asia Minor. Entomologist 37: 79-84, 105-108, 135-137, 157-159, 184-186.
- Fountaine, M. E. 1907. A few notes on some of the Corsican butterflies. Entomologist 40: 100-103.
- Fountaine, M. E. 1911. An autumn morning in the Alleghany Mountains. Entomologist 44: 14-15.
- Fountaine, M. E. 1911. IV. Descriptions of some hitherto unknown, or little known, larvae and pupae of South African Rhopalocera, with notes on theiy life-histories. Transactions of the Royal Entomological Society of London 59(1): 48-61. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2311.1911.tb03076.x
- Fountaine, M. E. 1911. Note on the roosting habits of Heliconia charitonia. Entomologist 44(583): 403-404): 403-404.
- Fountaine, M. E. 1911. Remarkable aberration of Terias elathea. Entomologist 44(575): 153-154.
- Fountaine, M. E. 1913. Five month's butterfly collecting in Costa Rica in the summer of 1911. Entomologist 46(601, 602): 189-195, 214-219.
- Fountaine, M. E. 1915. XIV. Notes on the life history of Papilio demolion, Cram. Transactions of the Royal Entomological Society of London 62(3‐4): 456-458. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2311.1915.tb02986.x
- Fountaine, M. E. 1917. A list of butterflies taken in the neighbourhood of Los Angeles, California. Entomologist 50: 154-156.
- Fountaine, M. E. 1925-1926. Amongst the Rhopalocera of the Philippines. Entomologist 58-59: 235-239, 263-265 (1925); 9-11, 31-34, 53-57 (1926).
- Fountaine, M. E. 1938. Rapid development of a tropical butterfly. Entomologist 71: 90
- Fountaine, M. E., and W. F. Cater. 1980. Love among the butterflies: The travels and adventures of a Victorian lady, London, Collins.
- Fountaine, M. E., and W. F. Cater. 1986. Butterflies and late loves: The further travels and adventures of a Victorian lady, London, Collins.
Works about Fountaine, Margrret Elizabeth
- Early, J. E. 1995. The science of work, life, and text: Margaret Fountaine's captures/ capturing Margaret Fountaine. Women's Writing 2(2): 183-197. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/0969908950020207
- Irwin, A. G. 1978. Of butterflies and broken hearts ... Of bishops, bugs and things. Antenna 2: 72-73, 78-79.
- McKay, J. (ed.) 1997. Brilliant careers: Women collectors and illustrators in Queensland, Brisbane, Australia: Queensland Museum.
- Salmon, M. A., P. Marren, and B. Harley. 2000. The aurelian legacy: British butterflies and their collectors, Berkeley, Los Angeles, University of California Press.
- Scott-Stokes, N. 2006. Wild and fearless: The life of Margaret Fountaine, London, Peter Owen Publishers.
- Shelton, W. G. 1940. Margaret Elizabeth Fountaine (1862-1940). Entomologist 73(925): 193-195.
- Waring, S. 2009. Margaret Fountaine: A lepidopterist remembered. M.Sc. thesis, University College London
- Waring, S. 2015. Margaret Fountaine: a lepidopterist remembered. Notes and Records: the Royal Society Journal of the History of Science 69(1): 53-68. http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rsnr.2014.0063