|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Politics and Government||(Rated C-class)|
This page has a huge pro-Marilyn point of view, phrases like "revolutionary to fat people" or "anti-fat companies such as southwest airlines" Johhny-turbo 05:22, 11 January 2006 (UTC)
I fixed the article a little bit but it still looks kinda biased, could a more experienced editor finish fixing it? Johhny-turbo 05:28, 11 January 2006 (UTC)
- I don't know, I think it looks all right now. I actually took out some overwrought attempts at objectitivity, things like "her idea of supposed" are redundant. I suppose there's some criticism of her, but that's likely more of an anti-fat glorification type of thing that would go the the fat acceptance movement article. NickelShoe 00:00, 13 January 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah it does look better now, I guess I did go overboard with my edits. I think the NPOV tab can be removed now. Johhny-turbo 04:38, 13 January 2006 (UTC)
That line about "human rights should not be contingent on the size of one's waistband" seemed pretty slanted to me, not to mention lifted from a radio station's website, so I tried to clean up that and some other questionable POV and clumsy structure. Chatoyant 04:24, 11 November 2006 (UTC)
Ten years later and still significant NPOV violation
It's not as bad as a decade ago, but any article written in such defence of its subject as to say someone with a BMI of 51.5 'identifies' as a fat person is clearly biased. I couldn't figure out where to begin patching it up. Given Wann is a relatively minor figure and this article has been plagued by NPOV since its inception, is keeping it on Wikipedia even worth it? Vaticidalprophet (talk) 08:49, 27 April 2016 (UTC)
- What's POV about saying she "identifies as a fat person"? And what else is POV about this article? ChiveFungi (talk) 11:28, 27 April 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Marilyn Wann. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080619131109/http://www.eastbayexpress.com/news/fat__fit__fabulous_/Content?oid=291413 to http://www.eastbayexpress.com/news/fat__fit__fabulous_/Content?oid=291413
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20061222160852/http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/05/09/cf.crossfire/ to http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/05/09/cf.crossfire/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.